Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think Black Friday shoppers are idiots.

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:20 AM
  • 564 Replies
19 moms liked this

I do not understand these people at all. What makes these deals soooo great? How could it be a better deal than what you find at Ross, or TJ Maxx? It just seems like complete ignorance to me.

Do you shop black friday, if so why? What's the big deal?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mstricey
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:21 AM
I have before. Got a 46 inch plasma for 180.00.... That was with my discount too though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:21 AM
6 moms liked this

I am so with you, Mama. I would freak out and end up in jail. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

My sister and I did Black Friday one year and it was a huge waste of time. I get a kick out of hearing about women fighting each other over some toy on sale.

casah4
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:23 AM
10 moms liked this

I do.  It's fun to walk around and see what deals are going on.  It's also fun to laugh at the other shoppers that are WAY into it.  We're not the type that wait in line for the doors to open, in hopes of getting the big ticket item.  We wake at a decent time, go get some coffee, then start browsing places.

TugBoatMama
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:23 AM
42 moms liked this

I feel like so far you are the only one that feels the same way as I do about Black Friday. I'm actually pretty pissed about Thanksgiving now because everyone that said they were coming now wants to ditch the meal altogether to go shopping. Every year I hate the holidays more and more because everyone just wants "stuff".

DieselsMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:23 AM
28 moms liked this

Yeah, idiots for saving money!!! SMH....no reason to name call just because you don't understand it....

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:23 AM

That's a pretty good deal. My dad got a TV once too. I wouldn't camp out for it though lol

Quoting mstricey:

I have before. Got a 46 inch plasma for 180.00.... That was with my discount too though.

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:24 AM
5 moms liked this

I don't get it at all. I feel like people do it because the TV tells them too lol

Quoting TugBoatMama:

I feel like so far you are the only one that feels the same way as I do about Black Friday. I'm actually pretty pissed about Thanksgiving now because everyone that said they were coming now wants to ditch the meal altogether to go shopping. Every year I hate the holidays more and more because everyone just wants "stuff".

Firenygirl180
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:24 AM
2 moms liked this
I was just at tj maxx the other day and we found quite a few things there that were cheaper elsewhere.
Different stores have different things. KMart had some really good deals this weekend. I will be there for work but I plan on buying a triple crock pot and after my discount and the rebate we will be paying $12 out of pocket for it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LectioDivina
by A.Priori on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I was just looking at the walmart prices and saying that ross had the same prices all year round...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured