Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think Black Friday shoppers are idiots.

Posted by   + Show Post

I do not understand these people at all. What makes these deals soooo great? How could it be a better deal than what you find at Ross, or TJ Maxx? It just seems like complete ignorance to me.

Do you shop black friday, if so why? What's the big deal?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Replies (11-20):
periwinkle163
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

My dhloves it, myself I never go in the morning, I might go later when things slow down. We rarely look for the big ticket items but last year we were able to buy a bunch of presents for a family we had adopted for Christmas. My dh bought my son and the little boy from the family the same scooter in different colors for 10 bucks each, normally 70 bucks each.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:26 AM
2 moms liked this
Actually if you watch the sales through the year most of the "deals" are not good deals and may actually be a higher price.

Quoting DieselsMom:

Yeah, idiots for saving money!!! SMH....no reason to name call just because you don't understand it....

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I do it for certain items, not to buy a cart full of stuff.  Like last year I got my 6 foot pre-lit tree for 40 bucks. Even Wal-mart didn't have a deal better than that. 

Lady_In_Ink
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:27 AM
7 moms liked this
I do. I think it is a fun thing to do with my sisters, and I am far from an "idiot", thanks.

What a prick thing to say.
UgtaBkdnMe
1 mom liked this

That sounds like a good deal too. But have you ever shopped at Ross or TJmaxx? THe prices are crazy low.

For me I guess it's the craziness of it, the crowds. I couldn't handle it. I go nuts at a normal mall :)

Quoting periwinkle163:

My dhloves it, myself I never go in the morning, I might go later when things slow down. We rarely look for the big ticket items but last year we were able to buy a bunch of presents for a family we had adopted for Christmas. My dh bought my son and the little boy from the family the same scooter in different colors for 10 bucks each, normally 70 bucks each.

stefvan
2 moms liked this

I don't need anything that bad.

Dextons_Mommy
1 mom liked this
I won't even leave the houses on black friday. The madness isn't worth it to me, but I have an Aunt and a couple cousins that do it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:27 AM
3 moms liked this
I do Black Friday. I have never fought with anyone over anything. The longest I have waited in line for something was an hour. You will not find name brand electronics and teleivisions on sale at TJ Maxx or Ross. It's just the thrill of the deal and the rush of it all.

Calling all Black Friday shoppers idiots, well that's just rude. What more can I expect from CM though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:28 AM
6 moms liked this

I don't go. I prefer not to be trampled to death by a bunch of people looking to save a buck. I also don't want to see people being assholes to the workers. It's disgusting the way the employees get treated.  

Tnkmommy
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:28 AM

A couple years ago I got 150 dollars worth of kids DVDs for 45 dollars, and at Toys r us I got 300 dollars worth of toys for 125 dollars. It's not fun waiting in line but the buy one toy get two free deals are hard to pass up when your low on cash for the holidays.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured