Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think Black Friday shoppers are idiots.

Posted by   + Show Post

I do not understand these people at all. What makes these deals soooo great? How could it be a better deal than what you find at Ross, or TJ Maxx? It just seems like complete ignorance to me.

Do you shop black friday, if so why? What's the big deal?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Replies (21-30):
mamamandy420
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:29 AM
5 moms liked this

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Yes, it's tradition for my best friend and I. Friday morning though, NOT Thursday night!

mstricey
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh me either! I was actually working and they happened to be bringing more out when I was on my lunch so I grabbed one.

Quoting UgtaBkdnMe:

That's a pretty good deal. My dad got a TV once too. I wouldn't camp out for it though lol

Quoting mstricey:

I have before. Got a 46 inch plasma for 180.00.... That was with my discount too though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Electronics.

Mortiferouslatt
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:29 AM
I'm not going myself but my mom does. They do it because some of the sales are so cheap they are able to afford much nicer things than they would otherwise. Most of what they buy is Christmas gifts and household items. This year I will be giving her money for a tv for my son and some wash cloths, possibly a down comforter. The tv is larger and cheaper than the one I was originally going to buy because my sons tv speakers have blown and its ancient.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbirdsladie27
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree and hell no I don't!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BabyBrooke13
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't go out for amazing deals . . . I just have always done black friday since I was a teenager and enjoy it as just another xmas tradition . . . I never go out with the attitude I have to get this deal, I realistic enough to know nothing is worth that kind of stress, but I always have a list and if some thing is sold out I just cross it off and move on . . .

nathans_mom407
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I do.  I enjoy spending the time with my sister in law and watching the crazy people. I had one lady follow me around for 15 mins.  She thought she was being discreet.  I knew what she wanted so every now and then I would pick it up, look at it and put it back in my cart.  I really didn't want it and I could tell she did so I eventually put it down on the shelf.  It may sound mean, but cut me some slack it was 2:00 in the morning.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM
I've watched sales ads throughout the year on toys, we will be saving about $10 to $20 per toy.
Amanda52007
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you!

I hit Walmart every year. We are REALLY big into movies and you seriously can't find those titles for 1.97 and 4.97 anywhere else. Plus - we buy the shows on DVD. 10 bucks a pop when usually they are more than 40 each.

Quoting Anonymous:

I do Black Friday. I have never fought with anyone over anything. The longest I have waited in line for something was an hour. You will not find name brand electronics and teleivisions on sale at TJ Maxx or Ross. It's just the thrill of the deal and the rush of it all.

Calling all Black Friday shoppers idiots, well that's just rude. What more can I expect from CM though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)