Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think Black Friday shoppers are idiots.

Posted by   + Show Post

I do not understand these people at all. What makes these deals soooo great? How could it be a better deal than what you find at Ross, or TJ Maxx? It just seems like complete ignorance to me.

Do you shop black friday, if so why? What's the big deal?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Replies (31-40):
nathans_mom407
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

This is exactly how I feel about it as well

Quoting BabyBrooke13:

I don't go out for amazing deals . . . I just have always done black friday since I was a teenager and enjoy it as just another xmas tradition . . . I never go out with the attitude I have to get this deal, I realistic enough to know nothing is worth that kind of stress, but I always have a list and if some thing is sold out I just cross it off and move on . . .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:31 AM
I personally have found better deals on things after Black Friday. I've shopped on Black Friday and had fun. I go with friends and then get breakfast after. It's more about the experience for me
NoahandEliza
I don't generally shop at the stores that have big ticket black Friday deals anyway. I went to Walmart one year for a really cheap Xbox, but beyond that, I value my sleep far more than a sale. Besides, everything is pretty much on sale for the next month anyway.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Not to mention, I DO get good deals. My kids are young, so no one is out for the stuff i want. I got Etch-a-sketch toys for $3 each last year. A sand table for $15, Legos half price, two bikes for $30 apiece. All in one night without "watching" the whole year. I don't have time for that nonsense.
Lizardannie1966
1 mom liked this

Honestly, I cannot stand Ross or TJ Maxx.

Ross, IMO, looks like one step up from a thrift store and many things look like they've been worn already.

TJ Maxx is a little better and does have some cute Christmas decorations but I go elsewhere.

This year, we've convinced my husband to go to a mall on Black Friday. Not to shop. We're doing our shopping with my Mom on Saturday at a new Tanger outlet mall.

We're doing it to people watch and observe the madness. lol

kellymarie323
1 mom liked this
Im with you!! I decided to work thanksgiving night. Not a long time just 5-10 but its because they all cancelled on dinner to shop. Ugh!!!

I then changed my mind. Im cooking for SO, dd & myself. We will eat at 2, I leave at 430. Its my favorite holiday and I'm not giving it up for a deal. It was the only holiday left that wasn't centered on "stuff" and now they've ruined that.

Quoting TugBoatMama:

I feel like so far you are the only one that feels the same way as I do about Black Friday. I'm actually pretty pissed about Thanksgiving now because everyone that said they were coming now wants to ditch the meal altogether to go shopping. Every year I hate the holidays more and more because everyone just wants "stuff".

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:31 AM

One year we got a good deal on a TV for our son...other than that...bleah. Although we are considering trying to get my mom a TV this year but if we dont..no biggy.

There is usually nothing I need or want. Our kids are grown so we dont do the whole toy thing..thank God.    We usually get stuff for ourselves, if anything, that has nothing to do with Christmas. Walmart usually has the sets of Rubbermaid container/dishes real cheap and Ive been known to buy those...and this year they have a small shop vac my husband is considering getting.

peachesforme
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:32 AM
I agree with you. It's pretty ridiculous.
GoddessAnna
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:33 AM
The only Ross/ TJ Maxx stores around here are trashy and wouldn't be selling anything I'd be buying on black Friday to begin with. Frankly, I like shopping on that day to get the hell away from Thanksgiving dinner. I'm excited the deals start early enough that I can leave mid-day Thursday. The smell of turkey makes me ill; my husband and I do fondue, but we have to eat at his parents this year, and my MiL doesn't cook anything I eat anyway*.

*I have sensory issues, she knows this, but this is the one day where her holiday traditions take precedence. I deal by shopping. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
keeler_s
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:34 AM
We typically go every year not to rush the doors but a little later. Not for anything in particular. Usually the men stay home with the kids and us ladies take a day off after thanksgiving.

Far from idiots here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN