Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think Black Friday shoppers are idiots.

Posted by   + Show Post

I do not understand these people at all. What makes these deals soooo great? How could it be a better deal than what you find at Ross, or TJ Maxx? It just seems like complete ignorance to me.

Do you shop black friday, if so why? What's the big deal?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Replies (331-340):
elk571
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:15 PM
It depends on what ur looking for. You're not going to find electronics or THE hot toy that's new at Ross or TJMaxx etc. I go there when I'm looking for something the 'new' stores don't carry anymore bc it's a yr or older or kinda obscure, and I go to mass merchants and mall stores for newer things just like I go to Dollar Tree for helium balloons and wrapping instead of party stores or Hallmark bc they r way overpriced. That being said, kid #3 is on the way and in the almost 6 yrs DD has been alive I've never shopped Black Friday bc there's never been anything that great. I did buy DH a tool chest one yr online and I've gone to WM bc we desperately needed milk lol. But my mom shops then and if we lived closer would want me to go help her on BF...
monkeybunns
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:37 PM
I do online because my ave diaper detergent does a big discount each year. I tried doing Black Friday at Target and other stores but got home and shopped on Amazon and even the "killer" deals weren't as good as Amazon's prices
sakpoints
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:39 PM

To each their own I guess.  I personally don't shop Black Friday but I can see the appeal for people that like to shop or really are finding good deals.  I don't understand the 'campers' I just saw on the news there is already a family in a tent in front of our local Best Buy.  I also refuse to go to any stores open on Thanksgiving because I think it is wrong and the employees should be able to stay at home and enjoy the holiday. 

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:39 PM

My mom and I went one morning for cheap dishes and a griddle.

billiejo79
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:42 PM

My parents go every year and saved thousands of dollars. When you have 18 kids which 8 of which are still school age and at home. Plus 8 grandkids plus 2 more on the way you would be an idiot to not shop on Black friday.

darbyakeep45
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Nope, don't go.  Don't care to deal with the crowds.

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:43 PM

HOLY COW 18 kids! 

Quoting billiejo79:

My parents go every year and saved thousands of dollars. When you have 18 kids which 8 of which are still school age and at home. Plus 8 grandkids plus 2 more on the way you would be an idiot to not shop on Black friday.

cammy002
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM

i shop on blackfriday in the comfort of my own home. i would never go into the store its battlefield out there

CafeMom Tickers
Mommy4two
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I love Black Friday... Honestly annoyied more than anything about the times moving more and more into Thanksgiving Day but I do like going... I can usually spend a few hundred dollars and walk away with just about everything I'm wanting to get my kids...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM
I only buy items I was going to buy anyway like outerwear, boots, uniforms, etc. and I do it on Cyber Monday from the comfort of my home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured