Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think Black Friday shoppers are idiots.

Posted by   + Show Post

I do not understand these people at all. What makes these deals soooo great? How could it be a better deal than what you find at Ross, or TJ Maxx? It just seems like complete ignorance to me.

Do you shop black friday, if so why? What's the big deal?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Replies (41-50):
1boy1girlmama
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I've never done the wait in line at 4 in the morning thing. No desire to do that. I have gone later on though with my MIL & SIL and just looked around and bought a couple of things. I got a $200 shop vac for Dh for $70 one year. It

LamiavitaDivina
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:35 AM
I can understand you not liking black Friday or not understanding it....but there no need to call anyone an idiot over something you don't understand.... smh. Now that is ignorance!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TugBoatMama

I don't even know if I want to cook now. There isn't much point. My kids are extremely picky and won't eat much else besides chicken and biscuits. My husband has to work on the boat until mid-December so I really have nobody to cook for now.

Quoting kellymarie323:

Im with you!! I decided to work thanksgiving night. Not a long time just 5-10 but its because they all cancelled on dinner to shop. Ugh!!!

I then changed my mind. Im cooking for SO, dd & myself. We will eat at 2, I leave at 430. Its my favorite holiday and I'm not giving it up for a deal. It was the only holiday left that wasn't centered on "stuff" and now they've ruined that.

Quoting TugBoatMama:

I feel like so far you are the only one that feels the same way as I do about Black Friday. I'm actually pretty pissed about Thanksgiving now because everyone that said they were coming now wants to ditch the meal altogether to go shopping. Every year I hate the holidays more and more because everyone just wants "stuff".

big_sexy_girl

I don't think they're idiots or anything, but I don't have any interest in it so I let them have it and stay away from most stores on Black Fridays.  The only place I go on Black Friday is Burke's Outlet because of the great discounts on already reduced items and it's not very busy.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I agree!

dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:35 AM
I do it for fun mostly. But also because it's a good opportunity to go out, get all my shopping done in one night, and save some money. When I go home on Friday morning, I am completely done with my Christmas shopping !!

Plus, we need a new tv this year, and best buy has a couple great prices :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I look forward to the annual stampede stories on the news, that's funny to me . Pathetic people! 

April620
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Last year I found polo shirts for my husband for $6 each at belks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Yes, I do shop Black Friday-and I don't care what your opinion is of me.  Mostly, it's just the fun of getting up super early and going to Starbucks and going to the mall with my dd who is in college now.  Some years we get good/great deals and some years we don't.  Last year they started opening the stores here on Thanksgiving and it certainly changed the whole dynamic.  Now, there is no problem finding parking spaces at 5am (we live 30 miles from the city, so we get up and go at 4.).  In previous years, we would snag one of the last spots available.  Last year we parked 3 spots down from Macy's.  I don't stand in any lines to get into any stores though.  My time is worth more than the $100 I might save on some electronic item.

Byrd15
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Oh I should go to TX Max on black Friday too! Thanks for the tip!!!! 

I'm excited to see what I can find. Im not getting anything big, but there are a few things I just wanna see will be on sale. :) Nothing crazy like getting up at 2 am. Lol Maybe next year! :D 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)