Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think Black Friday shoppers are idiots.

Posted by   + Show Post

I do not understand these people at all. What makes these deals soooo great? How could it be a better deal than what you find at Ross, or TJ Maxx? It just seems like complete ignorance to me.

Do you shop black friday, if so why? What's the big deal?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Replies (561-564):
LiliM
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I don't ever line up, I go out after 10-ish, and I have a general idea of what I am looking for, but rarely anything specific.  I got a deal on a game the kids wanted, PJs, and clothes, in addition to some toys.

I did see some good TV deals, which we need, as our TV is showing signs of impending death...but I want DH to help me with that, so I looked and kept going.

I got a good deal on some iTouch accessories, since my kids are getting them this year.  Gamestop is awesome for refurbished electronics.

I like to just go, and wander, and see what might inspire me.  I LOVE not being with my kids and being able to take my time.

Last year, I found rubbermaid storage sets for 12 bucks for 15 sets of varying sizes.  That was my major score, LOL.

I didn't start going until last year, and since I am not in line for anything, by the time I get out and going, it's not really all that crazy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Only if I see a great deal. Sorry, I've never seen a Nook Simple Touch at TJ Maxx or Marshall's for $40. I just like the fun of it. :-)
jen1130
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 6:07 PM
I have to say I was done shopping by 1 and I started at 7am and oh my gosh wal mart and target (9am) it was less busy then a normal day!!!! I got everything my " spoiled rotten kids" are getting as well as the gifts we are donating to CPS!!!! I am so happy and I saved money: )

I hope you were as lucky!!!!

Quoting fullxbusymom:

I don't know where you people live but I shop black Friday every year. No one is getting trampled, injured, fighting over items. It is a little longer to wait to get in the store but then it is all organized, pretty damn normal just a lot busier.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Wow. fullxbustmom is responding as if everyone is talking directly to her.  

Defensive are we?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured