Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Some witch made me cry while out shopping...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 228 Replies
I couldn't punch her in the face, being an adult and all, so I just gathered up my kids and went to the car, where I cried the whole way home. Here is the story....

I have a son who has high-functioning autism. One of his "meltdown triggers" is loud noises. The store we were in is generally pretty quiet, but for some reason the PA system was cranked really loud. Every time they would announce something, my son would stop and plug his ears. At one point, he stopped to plug his ears while this cranky bitch was trying to push her way past us.

She stops, looks at me, looks at my FIVE YEAR OLD son and says, "Your mother didn't teach you very good manners. MOVE!" Then looks back at me, "Well, are you going to move him?!?" I said, "I am trying, and your tone is not helping". She says, "I am not the one who can't control a child!"

I was in shock...really? Are you in such a hurry that you can't wait two seconds to pass us in the tiny aisle? It is not lke I was intentionally blocking her...the aisles are tiny. My kid is freaking out. I am doing my best to get him aside. Have some fucking patience.

Don't know why I cried. Maybe because it gets so hard when people are so self-absorbed. Maybe because I was already having a bad day. Maybe because I am just sick of peoples' bullshit. If one cannot handle being around, and having respect for, other people, they should just stay the fuck home.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:47 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry mama people can be cruel especially during the holidays.  

Hi_Rae
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry people are such assholes ((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connorsmommy120
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Some people are so flipping rude! I'm sorry! :(

mandy18192
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:50 AM
I'm sorry:/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:51 AM
She was rude. No need for her saying that.
ALWsMomma
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:51 AM
4 moms liked this
Sorry Momma! My guess is she was ignorant and had no idea your son is Autistic. She was rude and very unkind and probably very unhappy in her life. Morn her stupidity for a moment the carry on and have a wonderful day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nathans_mom407
2 moms liked this

I would have said the same goes for her mother.  I'm sorry that happened to you.  People are truly ignorant.

Leobaby2007

What a bitch.

casah4
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I'm sorry that happened.  Some people are just jerks. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:51 AM
2 moms liked this
I would've asked you to move him too, but nicer than she did.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)