Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some witch made me cry while out shopping...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I couldn't punch her in the face, being an adult and all, so I just gathered up my kids and went to the car, where I cried the whole way home. Here is the story....

I have a son who has high-functioning autism. One of his "meltdown triggers" is loud noises. The store we were in is generally pretty quiet, but for some reason the PA system was cranked really loud. Every time they would announce something, my son would stop and plug his ears. At one point, he stopped to plug his ears while this cranky bitch was trying to push her way past us.

She stops, looks at me, looks at my FIVE YEAR OLD son and says, "Your mother didn't teach you very good manners. MOVE!" Then looks back at me, "Well, are you going to move him?!?" I said, "I am trying, and your tone is not helping". She says, "I am not the one who can't control a child!"

I was in shock...really? Are you in such a hurry that you can't wait two seconds to pass us in the tiny aisle? It is not lke I was intentionally blocking her...the aisles are tiny. My kid is freaking out. I am doing my best to get him aside. Have some fucking patience.

Don't know why I cried. Maybe because it gets so hard when people are so self-absorbed. Maybe because I was already having a bad day. Maybe because I am just sick of peoples' bullshit. If one cannot handle being around, and having respect for, other people, they should just stay the fuck home.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Replies (71-80):
zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

This is the reason why while I'm out in public I have my "say one word to me bitch and I'll snap back in a second" look on all the time. I never come in contact with these types. 

Aislinn
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Quoting owl0210:

I'm sorry mama people can be cruel especially during the holidays.  

Which is very ironic... OP, screw the strangers. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM
I would've said something to you about moving your kid. How us someone supposed to know your child is autistic? People used to respect their elders, and now parents expect everyone to respect only their kids. Its bullshit.
thedathree
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:13 AM
My little brother 10 has autism and very low functioning. My mom has been asked to leave restaurants and stores bc of the noises he makes. People can be rude. My son was born 3 1/2 months early and is completely blind, non-verbal, tube fed, in diapers and makes some different noises and sucks on his hands all the time. He needs to be pushed in a special needs stroller too. I have had so many rude people get pissed at me in aisles bc we take up too much space with his special stroller and cart. I can't push both obviously so I need my daughters help. She is almost 10 now but has other things on her mind besides staying out of peoples way. We don't purposely block the aisles. I think it hurts and you cried bc no one understands it's an ordeal just to get to the store or shop and do something most take for granted and do with ease. You're already struggling trying to shop and feel bad your son is way over stimulated and not happy. And then some bitch tells him to "MOVE!". That's rude no matter what! She could have gone around or just waited. I would feel bad too if someone treated my already uncomfortable child
like crap. Apparently her mother didn't teach her manners OR compassion!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Quoting rosemagic01:

Thank you. He really wasn't being bad...he was just stopping to plug his ears.
Aislinn
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

This is the reason why while I'm out in public I have my "say one word to me bitch and I'll snap back in a second" look on all the time. I never come in contact with these types. 

LMAO My husband always tell some people look at me like I am nuts. And the problem is? lol Nobody screws with my nutty butt. lol

Liyoness
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Yes, the appropriate thing to say, is, 'can I just sneak past you?'
Or go the other way and wait until the aisle is clear.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

no I just dgaf. Move your dang kid, shop and get out of the store. I would have said something too if your kid just stood there.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
4kidsmommy
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Next time tell her to be patient, I had to problem one time. But the lady cussed and I got rude in a nice way...well kinda. I told her really you have no patience for children. And she said oh fuck off. (a lady that was 55+)And it was funny, she worked in child care, and at a meeting for a child care workers it was mandatory to go to this meeting. Low and behold she was there. I went up to her and asked her how's her patience, or the lack there of. Because I remember you rushed past me at Walmart, and cussed. She was very red -faced and well she left. Lol. 

Anyway, back to you. You are a strong woman with an autistic child. I know it's not something you want to scream to the world. But be the proud momma you are. It's a tear you shed, then do it. It can be trying. But the next time you go out and that happens stand your ground.harder said then done. You will feel a whole lot better. Good luck momma!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok you seriously can't be human because her child has a disability and you're saying its kid drama. Sorry I'm not gonna entertain your nonsense if that was your child you wouldn't be talking shit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

no one cares what she is going threw. They are there to shop, not deal with her kid drama.
Kmary
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Ugh that stinks, OP.  Too often many people forget that a teeny tiny bit of patience goes a loooooong way.  I suspect many of us could use this reminder from time to time, myself included. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured