Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some witch made me cry while out shopping...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I couldn't punch her in the face, being an adult and all, so I just gathered up my kids and went to the car, where I cried the whole way home. Here is the story....

I have a son who has high-functioning autism. One of his "meltdown triggers" is loud noises. The store we were in is generally pretty quiet, but for some reason the PA system was cranked really loud. Every time they would announce something, my son would stop and plug his ears. At one point, he stopped to plug his ears while this cranky bitch was trying to push her way past us.

She stops, looks at me, looks at my FIVE YEAR OLD son and says, "Your mother didn't teach you very good manners. MOVE!" Then looks back at me, "Well, are you going to move him?!?" I said, "I am trying, and your tone is not helping". She says, "I am not the one who can't control a child!"

I was in shock...really? Are you in such a hurry that you can't wait two seconds to pass us in the tiny aisle? It is not lke I was intentionally blocking her...the aisles are tiny. My kid is freaking out. I am doing my best to get him aside. Have some fucking patience.

Don't know why I cried. Maybe because it gets so hard when people are so self-absorbed. Maybe because I was already having a bad day. Maybe because I am just sick of peoples' bullshit. If one cannot handle being around, and having respect for, other people, they should just stay the fuck home.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Replies (131-140):
opal10161973
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:54 AM

My Walmart story:  I had my two year old in the seat of the cart and a cranky lady right behind me in a motorized cart.  It was busy as heck.  I had to stop suddenly because my DD started choking, so I could make sure she was OK.  The lady behind me stopped and had to go around us.  She starts cussing at me.  I told her to STFU because I had to stop to take care of my child who was choking.  She just cussed back and kept going.  Some people have no rucking manners AT ALL.  I know I could have not cussed, but honestly, I was upset about DD choking and just didn't have my nice filter on.  That lady had almost rammed that cart into me several times already and I was done with her making impatient noises behind me.  It's not like I can clear the entire store out so she can go faster.  UGH!

The moral of the story is, we all have our moments where we just want to cuss and/or cry because someone is mean or rude to us.  As Mommies, it's often because of what someone has done/said in relation to our children.  Here's the kicker, they don't care- not about you or your DS or the circumstances of why he is acting that way.  They never will.  That's why I get angry and not sad anymore.  It used to hurt.  Now, it just pisses me off.  It's insulting my children and I will ALWAYS stand up for them to any ahole who tries my patience.  I don't have anymore, the ten thousand other aholes before them, have used it all up. 

Don't get me wrong, I am a very polite shopper, but if you think you can be rude to me or mine, you need to stop thinking.  Thinking is apparently not something you do well.  LOL

marihla
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:54 AM

My mom punched someone in the grocery store once. The woman called her own son a bad boy. It escalated... I'm not saying a agree with it, but it happened.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

You just have all the answers for someone who CAN'T READ. The store is usually quiet. We have to eat, and I have NOWHERE to take my child.

You are an insensitive prick. That bitch's shopping is no more important than mine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I suggest some head phones or ear plugs for your next outing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

I suggest some head phones or ear plugs for your next outing.

He won't use them. He is sensitive to sound, but also to touch, especially his head and ears.
Schleetle
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:02 AM
At the end of the day she's still going to be a miserable witch. She has to live with that. I'm sorry she upset you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MumaSue
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Perhaps her mother should have controlled her more and what did your son do that needed controlling?? Plugging his ears?? Seriously, she needs a chill pill. My daughter has noise sensitivity. Has done since a baby and she will always cover her ears when there are loud noises. What is so terrible about covering your ears??

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Keep telling me about respite while you bitch about your sister using it in another post, hypocrite.
Mashnut3161
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting thedathree:

Quoting Mashnut3161:

Im a smart as bitch, but as I moved my kid out of the way. I would have moved more in her way at the same time and tried my hardest to stay in her way the whole damn time I was in the store. But thats just me.

lol my mom does the same!!! even if its not with my special needs brother!

You have to bully the bullies. they deserve it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Lol i would have laughed at her.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured