Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I being a b****?????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies

I'm so frustrated with my family. Yesterday I went to my grandmother's house for a visit. I was telling her about my holiday plans. Thanksgiving I'm spending with my df and his family then Christmas we will spend with my family. Well my grandmother hasn't met my df yet o I asked if I could bring him over some time before Christmas for her to meet him. She flat out said no they don't do bfs. I told her well I don't want to just leave him home alone because we are supposed to spend it together with my child. My mother and I walked outside for a minute she told me I was right and that I shouldn't go over if they weren't going to give him a chance. So I was like fine with me we had a lot of stuff to do that day so it was just one less thing to worry about. But when we got home my mother started getting upset because I wasn't oing to my grandparents. I was like wtf you told me not to go. Now I look like the bitch for standing up for my df. I just don't know what to do :(

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

how long have you been dating your bf? If he is new, I think you should consider your family's feelings... but if you two been dating for a while, then I am with you! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:21 AM
No you not, they are being unreasonable
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:22 AM

It has been almost a year and this is the first time I've brought up them meeting him. He is a very big part of my life. Even my son calls him daddy

Quoting Anonymous:

how long have you been dating your bf? If he is new, I think you should consider your family's feelings... but if you two been dating for a while, then I am with you! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:23 AM

He's a part of your life, whether he's a boyfriend, fiance or husband. They have to accept that or choose to not have you in their life. My husband and I have had to learn this. We don't care at all for my step daughters boyfriend, but he's in her life, and is the father of her child so we extended the invitation to him for Thanksgiving dinner this year, even though we don't really care to have him here, or even see them together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

So it sounds like you two are serious... enough for your son to call him daddy... I hope that means he plans on being around for the long run.. that would be heartbreaking for your son if not! :)

Anyway, yes I think you were right.. not a bitch at all!

Quoting Anonymous:

It has been almost a year and this is the first time I've brought up them meeting him. He is a very big part of my life. Even my son calls him daddy

Quoting Anonymous:

miss.wilfred
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Yea for your grandmother to day we don't do bfs is extreme. How do they expect u to get married to someone that has never net your family? Your not wrong for standing up to them and your definitely not a bitch. You live this man and for them to not give him a chance is absurd
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:26 AM

But my df is amazing my family that has met him loves him his family loves me. Everyone is happy that we are together so it hurts that they won't even I've him a chance before Christmas to meet him or a few minutes

Quoting Anonymous:

He's a part of your life, whether he's a boyfriend, fiance or husband. They have to accept that or choose to not have you in their life. My husband and I have had to learn this. We don't care at all for my step daughters boyfriend, but he's in her life, and is the father of her child so we extended the invitation to him for Thanksgiving dinner this year, even though we don't really care to have him here, or even see them together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Thank you and yes we are very serious. We have a wedding date and currently waiting for him to get the money to clean up this ring that he has

Quoting Anonymous:

So it sounds like you two are serious... enough for your son to call him daddy... I hope that means he plans on being around for the long run.. that would be heartbreaking for your son if not! :)

Anyway, yes I think you were right.. not a bitch at all!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Byrd15
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd bring him anyway. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Good for you for sticking up for him! Stay strong! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)