Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you save these children?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you raise a family members child/children to keep them from ending up in "The System"?

Options:

If yes, why?

If no, why?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 120

View Results

I was reading another post and it got me to thinking. If your adult children could not or would not raise their kids, would you step in and raise them? I know people who could have kept their grandchildren from going into state custody, but wouldn't.I also know people who are raising grandchildren, now. I'm not judging, in any way. I know what I would do but I'm curious about why some people will and some won't.

* I'm not saying a child that goes into the system needs saving, I'm just needed a title and it worked.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Replies (11-20):
brittany208
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Absolutely. I plan on having foster kids someday anyways, so yeah, if I would raise other people's kids, I would absolutely raise family.

Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Sadly, it depends on the child. If they were out of control and would be a threat to my child's safety, no i would not take them in. However, they were a "normally" behaved child then of course I would. But my child's well being comes first. I own my child a safe and happy childhood.

ripemango
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:32 AM

i would raise my grandchildren in a heartbeat

babylove041810
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:33 AM
This :)

Quoting katzmeow726:

yes.  If my grandchildren were at risk of being placed in foster care, I'd file for emergency custody, and raise them myself.  They are my grandbabies...I could NEVER willingly let them go in to foster care.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:34 AM

hubbys mom wanted to take hubbys sisters kids it was over a yr before hubbys sister got them out of fostercare 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:36 AM
i dont know. i wanna say no cause when my kids are grown that means im done raising kids. but i wanna say yes cause honestly could i let my grandkids go to someone we dont know? could i handle them not being in my life? i dont think so. lol
BEXi
by BEXi on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I couldnt let a grandchild live in that lifestyle of the foster system.. it's so unfortunate :(

mich.el.le
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I would.  I could never let my grandchild go into our shitty foster care system.  Yes, some foster care parents are great, but too many are not.  And they have no stability when they go to the state.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

MommaOfFive440
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Well my children are still babies so I got a ways before worrying but yes I would. My dad and step mom are raising my 4yo nephew now because my brother wont grow up and its already been said that if they no longer can that I will take my nephew in as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mcelly
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:39 AM
If course...because they are family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN