Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you save these children?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you raise a family members child/children to keep them from ending up in "The System"?

Options:

If yes, why?

If no, why?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 120

View Results

I was reading another post and it got me to thinking. If your adult children could not or would not raise their kids, would you step in and raise them? I know people who could have kept their grandchildren from going into state custody, but wouldn't.I also know people who are raising grandchildren, now. I'm not judging, in any way. I know what I would do but I'm curious about why some people will and some won't.

* I'm not saying a child that goes into the system needs saving, I'm just needed a title and it worked.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Replies (31-40):
Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:48 AM

yes i would

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Yes I would I would even take my nephews if I ever needed too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Quoting ff-princess:

I wouldn't do it to keep them out of the system, I would do it because it's the right thing to do.

This.
LucyHarper
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Yes, I'm raising my siblings for that reason, and I would raise any future grandchildren. I could never watch my family members get seperated and placed in strangers homes.

PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I would, absolutely. But if my child was being a bad parent, no matter their age, I'd whoop their butt on a regular basis.

mom2the.rescue
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I don't think I could live with myself if I didn't take care of my family, and that's including extended relatives...but that doesn't mean I would take in a whole ton of peoples' kids lol...I do have my limits.

Liz132
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Yes, I would.

dawnjohnson5
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Of course.

I already have my cousins son.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:54 AM

family member is too vague - grandchildren YES!!! His sisters kids - NO!!! My sisters kids - maybe but...

blessed107
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I'm helping raising my grandson, not to keep him out of the system but because I love him and to allow my daughter time to finish school and get her degree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)