Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What are you WORST Thanksgiving memories?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM
  • 67 Replies
1 mom liked this

REMEMBER.. THIS IS FOR THE WORST MEMORIES OF THANKSGIVING!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:52 AM
My first Thanksgiving after my brother died. It was the first family holiday. I was pregnant & supposed to be on bedrest, but I couldn't bear to not be there. My Dad played "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" on my brother's guitar and we all cried. His empty chair was the worst fucking feeling in the world. Our family had been amputated. It was the worst holiday ever.
Schleetle
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I was pregnant in 2009 during all that swine flu scare stuff, so every other day on the news was "pregnant women die without the h1n1 shot" type of stuff. It was pretty stressful considering I wasn't getting the shot, and I was having my baby a couple days after Thanksgiving. We decided to host because we lived less than a mile from hospital just in case baby decided to come early. Anyway BIL (who is a DB anyway) comes over sick, and is jokingly coughing all over me, my drinking cup, plate, utensils all night... Making stupid comments like "oh this swine flu is horrible COUGH COUGH COUGH". Then I was sitting on the couch after dinner, and got up to grab my water. As soon as I stood up he sat in my spot where my pregnancy pillow was, and says "This pregnant lady pillow is sooo comfortable". I was ready to punch him in the nose. So glad we don't live near him anymore. Of course that's not exactly tragic, just annoying.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Savedfromsin79

Quoting Anonymous:

My first Thanksgiving after my brother died. It was the first family holiday. I was pregnant & supposed to be on bedrest, but I couldn't bear to not be there. My Dad played "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" on my brother's guitar and we all cried. His empty chair was the worst fucking feeling in the world. Our family had been amputated. It was the worst holiday ever.

When you say amputated.. what exactly do you mean?

Your family was disconected I can understand. Having very strained family ties.. I can understand. But amputated?? Not sure I get that concept.

But I am deeply sorry for your loss. 

I think your father handled it very well though.. 

ashleywright88

DH, the kids, and I went to visit my gma for Thanksgiving. We were staying the night because it was quite a drive. Anyway, my husband drank a few beers my my paw paw Larry and DH went to go puke in the bathroom. Well my Mom's dog was in there because she kept trying to pee everywhere and she was dressed as well (my Mom puts in her in pullups and onesies, I know, weird, lol) so my husband opens the door and can't hold his vomit any longer and pukes all over the dog. Atleast most of it got on her "clothes" lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:57 AM
3 moms liked this
Have you ever lost a close relative? That's what it feels like. Nothing was strained or disconnected. My brother is gone. We can't get him back, like losing an arm or leg.

Quoting Savedfromsin79:

Quoting Anonymous:

Your family was disconected I can understand. Having very strained family ties.. I can understand. But amputated?? Not sure I get that concept.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Savedfromsin79
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I'm sorry hun.. I thought you ment that the whole family was amputated..

But I understand now that you mean it felt like having apart of the family amputated off. 

Hugs hun. 

And yes. I have lost 2 Grandpa's and also a younger cousin.

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you ever lost a close relative? That's what it feels like.

Quoting Savedfromsin79:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:01 PM

When i was younger we always traveled to relatives houses. One year we were going to my Great aunts. She was having some construction done to her home, no biggie. We were helping make dinner and she said we had to go to the bathroom for water since the water to the kitchen sink is turned off. Okay. So dinner was almost done, she wanted to make some gravy and asked my mom to get her a pot full of water. My mom heads down the hall to the bathroom turns on the sink and no water. She called my aunt and told her something was wrong. My aunt said no its okay, I just get it from here, and dipped the pan into the back of the toilet where the water is kept. Yes, I know technically its clean, but that is fucking disguisting. Needless to say we didn't eat much. Yuck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:02 PM
I was raised in an alcoholic household, my stepfather would spend days before Thanksgiving getting wasted, beating my mom and us, Thanksgiving would come around, food would be set on the table, with him drunk he'd flip the table and start screaming at all of us.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Yeah. It was heart wrenching. Thanks. (((Hugs back)))

Quoting Savedfromsin79:

I'm sorry hun.. I thought you ment that the whole family was amputated..

But I understand now that you mean it felt like having apart of the family amputated off. 

Hugs hun. 

And yes. I have lost 2 Grandpa's and also a younger cousin.

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you ever lost a close relative? That's what it feels like.

Quoting Savedfromsin79:

Quoting Anonymous:

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I worked at a residential rehab facility for people with brain injury. 

I had to work that day and due to the fact that there was a lot of family on campus and the fact that the pediatric residents were on the main campus, many of our residents were bumped up on their level of supervision.

I first got assigned to do one on one with a man who was much larger than I was. He refused to go to the dinning room for dinner, so I had to stay in his cabin with him. 

He got verbally aggressive with me and I radioed for my supervisor to come assist me (he had been known to escalate to physical aggression quickly)

When I was on the radio with my supervison the cliet came up to me and slapped me hard across the face and said "There now I am physically agressive too Bitch"

He was put into containment and I was reassigned to do one on one with another resident. This guy was a pedophile and had was not even allowed to look in the direction of a child because he became aroused.

Because there were so many kids on campus, I had to keep him far away from everyone and so I took him to an unused rec room for his turkey and dressing and he told me how he thought it was ok to have sex with kids because the kids liked it. 

He then told me that he would never go to prison for molesting kids because he was brain damaged and he could blame his sexual orientation (his words not mine, I in no way consider pedophillia a sexual orientation) on his brain injury.

All I could do was sit there and listen to his filth and try to redirect his conversation, and later document what he was talking about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)