Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What are you WORST Thanksgiving memories?

REMEMBER.. THIS IS FOR THE WORST MEMORIES OF THANKSGIVING!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
Savedfromsin79
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Wow that is definately rough. One of the reasons I hate Alcohol!

I too grew up with an alcoholic.. My mom.

I feel for you.

Have you ever gone to an Alanon meeting.. It is for getting help from just this kind of thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was raised in an alcoholic household, my stepfather would spend days before Thanksgiving getting wasted, beating my mom and us, Thanksgiving would come around, food would be set on the table, with him drunk he'd flip the table and start screaming at all of us.

1EKT6-1oY-6

Litterally the NICEST BUNCH of Ladies on CAFEMOM!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/117832

msmom29
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I dont really have any horrible memories of thanksgiving, like the rest, I have a funny story i guess. When i was a kid i would only eat lemon merginue pie, so my stepmom always made me one. Well my unlce, that nobody likes because he is a jerk in every way possible,decide he was going to pick on me all day, my mom handed me the pie she had made me i went to carry it to the table, and he grabbed my arm and kepy saying oh thats my pie, and he pulled one last time and the whole pie fell on the floor....the thought it was funny, but my mom and i didnt.

momof3jam
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I did a nice thing once and invited my mom's friend over for Thanksgiving. He has no family, or friends who invite him anywhere, and I learned why. He drank almost ALL the alcohol. I don't buy much, but enough for about 20 of us to have a glass or two. He got wasted as hell, bitched about half the food not being either cooked right, or cold, or whatever. My mom tried asking him to leave and he made a scene about how she's so lucky to have family and how she's going to send him to be home alone... Trying to make her look/feel bad. So they got into a screaming match after it all...

I come from a very loud family in general, it's just how we function. It was the first time I had ALL of my in-laws over for Thanksgiving, and they are VERY quiet, introverted, peaceful people... I thought they were going to just DIE.

Vertical15
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Last year my grandmother passed away Thanksgiving morning.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:12 PM
As teenagers my mom made sure we went to Alateen, my mom and stepfather have been divorced for 10 years now, and he died from alcohol poisoning, mentally, I'm much better now knowing he's dead, he got what was coming to him.

Quoting Savedfromsin79:

Wow that is definately rough. One of the reasons I hate Alcohol!

I too grew up with an alcoholic.. My mom.

I feel for you.

Have you ever gone to an Alanon meeting.. It is for getting help from just this kind of thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was raised in an alcoholic household, my stepfather would spend days before Thanksgiving getting wasted, beating my mom and us, Thanksgiving would come around, food would be set on the table, with him drunk he'd flip the table and start screaming at all of us.

Junesmommy18
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
The one where my grandmother announced her and my grandpa were divorcing. She had been having an affair. Talk about awwkwaaarrrdd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Savedfromsin79
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:14 PM

WOW.. Doesn't sound llike a brain injury.. It sounds like someone using a diagnosis.. 

HUGS HUN.. That had to suck!

Quoting wrensong:

I worked at a residential rehab facility for people with brain injury. 

I had to work that day and due to the fact that there was a lot of family on campus and the fact that the pediatric residents were on the main campus, many of our residents were bumped up on their level of supervision.

I first got assigned to do one on one with a man who was much larger than I was. He refused to go to the dinning room for dinner, so I had to stay in his cabin with him. 

He got verbally aggressive with me and I radioed for my supervisor to come assist me (he had been known to escalate to physical aggression quickly)

When I was on the radio with my supervison the cliet came up to me and slapped me hard across the face and said "There now I am physically agressive too Bitch"

He was put into containment and I was reassigned to do one on one with another resident. This guy was a pedophile and had was not even allowed to look in the direction of a child because he became aroused.

Because there were so many kids on campus, I had to keep him far away from everyone and so I took him to an unused rec room for his turkey and dressing and he told me how he thought it was ok to have sex with kids because the kids liked it. 

He then told me that he would never go to prison for molesting kids because he was brain damaged and he could blame his sexual orientation (his words not mine, I in no way consider pedophillia a sexual orientation) on his brain injury.

All I could do was sit there and listen to his filth and try to redirect his conversation, and later document what he was talking about.

Savedfromsin79
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Quoting Vertical15:

Wow that is rough! I am so sorry! Well it almost makes it a sure bet that this year will be better though.. right?

marilyn623
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Oh my. When I was 17 I volunteered to cook for mydad and his new gf who had just had a baby... Never again! Lol. She wore nothing but a bathrobe, had her boobs out the whole time, tried to tell me how to cook. Including not stuffing the turkey? Criticize my parenting,, she was just whining and bitching the whole time. And I was holding the baby and told her I smelled poop, shes like oh it must be your kid because hes breastfed and his poop doesn't sink... Umm I know what bf poo smells like. She drives me bonkers, I avoid her at all costs lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Vertical15
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I guess thats one way to look at it. 

Quoting Savedfromsin79:

Quoting Vertical15:

Wow that is rough! I am so sorry! Well it almost makes it a sure bet that this year will be better though.. right?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)