Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What are you WORST Thanksgiving memories?

REMEMBER.. THIS IS FOR THE WORST MEMORIES OF THANKSGIVING!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Replies (21-30):
Charliesmommy11
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:25 PM
My aunt had a small heart attack a couple thanksgivings ago.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bry36
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Last yr in fact .My DH went hunting just about an hr away in the mountains he went early so he could still be at my parents by noon . Well I got a broken up cell phone call that I could barley make out that his truck broke down . about an hr later I got a little better call him telling me to please send a tow truck . I called tow company told them basically where he was and waited . another few hrs I got a call from two company saying they couldn't find him and it was snowing bad they had to turn back but would try to go in with a better rig . waited a few more hrs for them to return to townget other rig and nothing. Finally a call from then they still couldn't locate him even though they knew basically where he was it was snowing so bad they couldn't see anything . Finally I called the local police to tell them what was going ion it was dark but they sent a patrol to look for him nobody couldfind him so they sent search and rescue out for him because conditions were getting bad and they knew he needed to get out of there a freak snow storm was moving in . I got a call by midnight that it was a total white out and they had to remove search and rescuefrom the area . Of course I was a mess hearing that they were going to stop looking for him until morning  I couldn't even control how scared I was I honestly was terrified he was already gone (it happend several times a yr around here that people get caught in these storms and don't come back alive) .

At 6 am they sent the local posse search and rescue out and local residents that lived in the mountains up there were all out looking for him it had snowed over 3 feet on top of what was already on the ground and they were getting air flight ready to go .I of course didn't sleep I was a crying mess my eyes were so swollen I could barley open them .The one thing I just couldn't do was call his parents and tell them that he had been missing for over 24 hrs I just couldn't say those words to them around 11 my sister called to tell them and at 1:30 my husband walked through my front door search and rescue never found him he walked out until he was found by another hunter(no coat mind you dumb man )  who fed him and brought him all the way home even though it wasn't anywhere close to were he was going or had even hunted that day just to get him home to me .That was the most terrifying day of my life we hadn't even been married a yr at that point and I really wasn't sure he was coming home . FB was amazing tool prayer request reached almost every state and I really think it more God  and the power of prayer put that other man in his path when search and resuce couldnt even find him .

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:32 PM

you ALL  have me beaten!   the only bad thing i can ever remember happening on thanksgiving was when our favorite dog of all time was a puppy.   we found her living under a car.   she was starved.   but she was adorable!   and turned out to be a wonderful pet.    this was about 12 years ago.   we brought the puppy because we brought her everywhere.   everyone had be served and was eating then i realize - where IS THE DAMN PUPPY??   she should be bugging me for food!   omg - what is she doing.   i bolt from the table to find her in the kitchen.   she had just pulled the left over turkey carcas off the counter and onto herself - the turkey was about twice her size so the bird smashed her.   and kinda fell in a way tha she went into the cavity of the bird.   so i have to get her out,   then she is trying to eat the meat like she is starving so i had to wrestle her for the bird, she was snarling and nipped me and realized i stopped, she nipped me,  and just gave up on the meat and groveled for forgiveness... ruined the bird,  ruined my clothes,   made my whole family hate that dog.   she was always food crazy from being a baby without food but would have never done that as an adult dog.    oh well.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:36 PM

I had two in a row.  One was to tell me one of my best friends had died of a heart attack that morning.  She got up to start cooking and said she felt dizzy and fell back on the bed.  They said she was gone before her head hit bed.  

The next Thanksgiving, I got a call that night to tell me that her husband had been out with his brothers riding 4 wheelers and he flipped his and it landed on him killing him instantly.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:37 PM
This year I am 33 weeks pregnant and can't eat after 4 or I will be sick all night. My mom accidently texted me venting about my grandmother not wanting me there because she hates my life choices (not married) my df is working out of town thanksgiving so I told my mom she can take my dd with her but my ds and I won't show up and basically just seen the bad side of my grandmother who will never know my sons because of her attitude.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:38 PM
All of them... I hate holidays with my family... No matter how good I want it to be it ends up being total shit...
Bethsunshine
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:38 PM

When I was a senior in high school, my grandma passed away the week before Thanksgiving. We always had Thanksgiving dinner at her house and we still tried to do it that year because my grandfather was still alive. It was awful!! I ended up asking my mom to take  me home. I couldn't handle it!!

Eagle293
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:40 PM
The year I had my third son he was born on that Monday. He developed jaundice so we were stuck in the hospital till noon thanksgiving day. Well my husband, sister, and mom had to do all the cooking for about twenty people. Dinner was delicious, however afterward everyone split and left me just a few hours out of the hospital to clean everything up dishes and all. I was still super sore the delivery and recovery had been a rough one I nearly had to get a transfusion from blood loss. I have not had thanksgiving dinner in my home since. It's always somewhere else. I stay and help with cleanup though.
vamaria
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Realizing just how sick my mom was and that she had cancer

angevil53
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:40 PM
When i was little and sick and couldn't eat all the delicious food. What a pita.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN