Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What are you WORST Thanksgiving memories?

REMEMBER.. THIS IS FOR THE WORST MEMORIES OF THANKSGIVING!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Replies (51-60):
Savedfromsin79
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:50 PM

wow.. What a peice of trash his mom is!

So sorry hun!

But atleast you don't have a MOMMA'S BOY.. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Mine would be the Thanksgiving my MIL kicked me out of her house before I could step in the front door.  We had only been married 4 months and it was the first time ever that I had been away from my family for a holiday.  We traveled 3hours to get to her house.  It was the 3rd time I had met her.  The first time was when we traveled to her house to tell her in person we were engaged and for us to meet.  She spoke about 4 words to me the whole weekend.  At our wedding, she told everyone that I was a snobby bitch and looked down on her family.  

For that Thanksgiving, I had told DH I wasn't comfortable going to her house with how she had treated me.  He said it would fine.

She met us halfway up the walk screaming that Thanksgiving was for family and I wasn't a part of her family and he could just take me on down the road to the hotel and get me a room so I could eat off their Thanksgiving buffet for free while he came back to have dinner with his REAL family.

That was the last time DH ever spoke to anyone in his family.  They all stood with her and told him to make his choice...snobby little rich girl or them.    

Savedfromsin79
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Quoting sara_3388:

Having to come home from the hospital with out my baby because she passed away. Having to go about making a nice dinner for my other children. This year thanksgiving is on her birth/death date and I'm having a really hard time doing anything at all.

Oh hugs hun.. I am so sorry!

1EKT6-1oY-6

Litterally the NICEST BUNCH of Ladies on CAFEMOM!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/117832

Savedfromsin79
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Actually it was a couple thanksgivings in a row... I grew up with a dad that had leukemia and spent many thanksgivings wondering if this was our last with him.. Watching all the horrible things my dad went through was awful from the age of 8- 15... To many bad memories...:/

Hugs hun.. That is bad!

1EKT6-1oY-6

Litterally the NICEST BUNCH of Ladies on CAFEMOM!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/117832

MaryanneMac
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:52 PM

when I blew up the turkey

wittyscreenname
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:53 PM

My grandma's house burned down.

Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:54 PM

I honestly don't have any bad thanksgiving memories

CjEmmemommy
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Thanksgiving evening 2004 we found out my father was having a long term affair and later let to my parent divorce,

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:58 PM

My worst Thanksgiving was the first year after my divorce. I had 3 kids that were 5 and under, no car, no food. My family was all 140 miles away and my ex had agreed that he would come and drive me to the store the day before so I could grab a few things to make a good dinner for me and the kids.  He never showed up and didn't answer my calls.  It was 10 degrees out and the nearest store was a 2 mile walk...too far to take the kids with no car.  So, while he enjoyed a dinner out of town with his family, we sat on the floor of the kitchen and ate creamed corn. Later, for dessert, we had cereal. We didn't even have a kitchen table yet.  It was really sad, but at least my kids were all young enough that they don't really remember it. At least I had the corn to feed them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:02 PM

She meant a very important part of their family was gone. Her brother.

Quoting Savedfromsin79:

Quoting Anonymous:

My first Thanksgiving after my brother died. It was the first family holiday. I was pregnant & supposed to be on bedrest, but I couldn't bear to not be there. My Dad played "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" on my brother's guitar and we all cried. His empty chair was the worst fucking feeling in the world. Our family had been amputated. It was the worst holiday ever.

When you say amputated.. what exactly do you mean?

Your family was disconected I can understand. Having very strained family ties.. I can understand. But amputated?? Not sure I get that concept.

But I am deeply sorry for your loss. 

I think your father handled it very well though.. 

ashleymosq
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Only one that I can think of. That was the first Thanksgiving without my grandmother. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN