Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going to far with birth control???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies

DH and I have agreed to no more children and we can not afford to get fixed so i am on the nuva ring we also use condoms and the foam. DH said i am going a little to far and being a little to cafeful. UMMM HELLO NO MORE BABIES...Do you think i am going a little far with this?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:01 PM

me personally I only use one type of birth control, but whatever you feel you need to do...

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:02 PM
7 moms liked this
Considering the insane amount of women here who can't get their birth control to work, I think you're a perfect example for this group. Thanks for posting this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyraven16
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Whatever you feel is right. I use the Rhythm method but I can't do bc and I'm allergic to latex lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:04 PM

hes probably complaining about the condoms. lol. i think you are ok with just one with a back up but hey, if you really dont want more kids then be as careful as you want!

hav you checked around to see if anyone takes payments on permanent birth control? good luck to you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I am just worried because i always hear so and so's birth control failed and they ended up with a baby they didn't want or had an abortion which i do not believe in at all

msmom29
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

i think maybe the ring and just one other form would be good. either the condoms or the foam.But i get why you want to be extra careful. I had my tubal done when i had my csection for my son, its great not to have to stress about getting pregnant. However, since i had my tubal, periods, are heavy and uncomfortable, and so much longer, almost makes me just wish i had gone with the pill.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:06 PM
There are latex free condoms, if you care to use them.

Quoting ladyraven16:

Whatever you feel is right. I use the Rhythm method but I can't do bc and I'm allergic to latex lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Most birth control fails because it's not used properly.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am just worried because i always hear so and so's birth control failed and they ended up with a baby they didn't want or had an abortion which i do not believe in at all

ladyraven16
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Oh I know lol. I used to use them but at this point I'm very aware of when I can get pregnant and its worked for us for 18mo. If I get pregnant eventually that will be ok. If I were totally against having more kids I would be using more forms of protection though.

Quoting Anonymous:

There are latex free condoms, if you care to use them.

Quoting ladyraven16:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Eh I would drop either the foam or the condoms that's a lot of work just to get laid which is probably why he's complaining. If you drop the condoms just have him pull out the foam and the Nuva ring should be enough.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured