Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ill admit, Im jealous

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
of moms that have babies that sstn. DS is 8 months and he still hardley sleeps all night. He is also a very light sleeper and doesnt yet self soothe. The only way to get him back to sleep is a bottle. He isnt under weight and the night time feedings are no longer necessary but nothing else works. Not even a binkie. His pediatrician recommended CIO. But I dont want to let him cry it out. What other ways can I help him learn to self soothe and fall back asleep without a bottle? Even just patting his back doesnt work.
I know not all babies are the same, and ds is still an amazing little boy. I was blessed with a healthy happy son but he is not a sleeper. It sure had taken a tole on me. Momma is sleepy.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:07 PM
shameless bump
bluedolly01
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Good luck with that. I have a 6 year old who still doesn't sleep through the night. Thankfully we have taught him to go to the toilet, wash his hands and go back to bed without waking anyone else up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Oh man.. I dont think I can do this for that long lol

Quoting bluedolly01:

Good luck with that. I have a 6 year old who still doesn't sleep through the night. Thankfully we have taught him to go to the toilet, wash his hands and go back to bed without waking anyone else up.

msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
No help here. My dd slept through the nightearly. And on random nights when she woke up I was a CIO mom. Maybe you can CIO but while holding him (just no bottle) and then move to CIO but with you not holding but standing next to crib etc etc. May take a month or so but it could work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:23 PM

DS was the same way until he was almost two. It finally did take a modified CIO to get him to sleep through the night. I just couldn't stomach doing that before even a year old. Hang in there mama. It'll get better.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:25 PM

It is completely normal to wake and eat at 8 months old. Soon enough he will be sleeping all night. Try to rest as much as you can and since you're using formula, make sure you take advantage of the help of your husband or partner if you're not single.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:26 PM
Thanks! I really dont want to, but at the same time Im running out of ideas. And him getting more sleep with benefit us all. Maybe we will give it a try.

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

DS was the same way until he was almost two. It finally did take a modified CIO to get him to sleep through the night. I just couldn't stomach doing that before even a year old. Hang in there mama. It'll get better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

CIO does not mean you're a bad mom. Chances are he won't cry for long and the next night he won't cry much at all. Sometimes that's what it takes, he's not going to learn how to self soothe without CIO. 

mich.el.le
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Ds is 16 months and still going strong on the night time waking up/feedings. *yawn* And I nurse, so it's all on me.  

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

Melame68
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:26 PM
I don't think its anything you can do. Some babies just still need to wake up at night. My older 2 slept through the night from about 3 weeks on. My youngest is 18 months and has only been sleeping through the night for about 3 months. All raised the same. Same parenting techniques. Some kids just don't sleep through the night
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)