Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wish I never tied my tubes

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My DH admitted to me he wish I never had gotten it done and I wish I had never done it. I want more babies so bad.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Replies (11-20):
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Sorry. May I ask how old you were when you had it done?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Me too. :*(
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:18 PM
I got the ensure process so I do not know if it can be reveresed or not
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:19 PM
I am 26 years old and had it done almost a year ago.
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Essure can be reversed in some people I have read. But it is highly unlikely. I'm sorry you are going through this. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:40 PM

im just the opposite im glad i had it done we went through hardships and couldnt afford anymore anyway

mich.el.le
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I'm so scared of this very thing happening if dh or I get fixed. :(

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:41 PM

My husbands pain lasted for months.  It finally went away. 

He is fine otherwise...but when its really cold or he has been on his feet a lot...he says the left nut hurts...they had a hard time finding the "tube" in that side. 

So we think maybe the vasectomy is to blame for the random pain.....

But he's ok...not traumatized or anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, I wish we had heard from a man who had these complications.  We did our research & talked to 3 or 4 men who did it.  Everything sounded great.  Maybe it was fine for those men (or maybe it's just too embarrasing to admit everything it not okay in that department), but not for mine.  But I am glad I didn't get my tubes tied; a few women I know have had issues with that too. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh wow... I should tell dh this. Thanks for sharing.

Quoting Anonymous:

The pain never went completely away.  He doesn't get as hard as he used to-and I don't know if it's an actual physical problem or it's all in his head kwim?  And the nut doesn't spurt out as strongly as it used to.  We did it because it was cheaper, less complicated, easier, blah blah blah.  Now I'm thinking men just don't report complications as often as women. 

Quoting Anonymous:

What complications? My dh is considering a vasectomy. :-/

Quoting Anonymous:

We wish we didn't get dh a vasectomy.  I still don't want more babies, but he's had complications.  I'm thinking NFP would have been way better for everyone, and if we had another baby it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:42 PM
I have to get my tubes tied, I'm only 20, do I know I'll probably regret it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:45 PM

My DH had random pain during sex for like 2 years post V.  He also doesn't get as hard anymore, but I figured that was more of a stress thing.  He is fine now I think, no more pain.  I felt really bad about our decision for a long, long time, but he said he didn't regret it even with the pain.  I would never have an abortion and with three children our family is complete. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My husbands pain lasted for months.  It finally went away. 

He is fine otherwise...but when its really cold or he has been on his feet a lot...he says the left nut hurts...they had a hard time finding the "tube" in that side. 

So we think maybe the vasectomy is to blame for the random pain.....

But he's ok...not traumatized or anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, I wish we had heard from a man who had these complications.  We did our research & talked to 3 or 4 men who did it.  Everything sounded great.  Maybe it was fine for those men (or maybe it's just too embarrasing to admit everything it not okay in that department), but not for mine.  But I am glad I didn't get my tubes tied; a few women I know have had issues with that too. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh wow... I should tell dh this. Thanks for sharing.

Quoting Anonymous:

The pain never went completely away.  He doesn't get as hard as he used to-and I don't know if it's an actual physical problem or it's all in his head kwim?  And the nut doesn't spurt out as strongly as it used to.  We did it because it was cheaper, less complicated, easier, blah blah blah.  Now I'm thinking men just don't report complications as often as women. 

Quoting Anonymous:

What complications? My dh is considering a vasectomy. :-/

Quoting Anonymous:

We wish we didn't get dh a vasectomy.  I still don't want more babies, but he's had complications.  I'm thinking NFP would have been way better for everyone, and if we had another baby it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)