Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

F****** prison!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

REQUIRING that the officers work Thanksgiving AND Christmas!!! They should ALL be HOME with THEIR FAMILIES!!!

STUPID PAYCHECK SIGNING BOSSES!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Replies (101-110):
MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:33 PM

well duh who else would watch the prisoners.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:34 PM

And I'll be stimulating the economy and adding to the job security of those retail workers. Win win!

Quoting MumaSue:

Now you're working out a solution :) ..... well done, shopping power. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Who said anything about retail? Although maybe I'll console my husband-less self with some retail therapy that day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Stupid attempt to compare retail with security personnel in prisons.

Nee86
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Quoting ff-princess:

I'm pretty pissed off that every three years I lose my husband for a slew of holidays too.  why can't people refrain from starting fires or getting injured or ill on the holidays, then my husband wouldn't have to work.

oh, wait... he chose this profession.  never mind.

THANK YOU!! I'll be missing all the holidays again because I have to work them too. But I chose this profession.
By the way, my dad was a police officer and he always worked Thanksgiving and Christmas. I understood this as a chikd because someone has to answer the call when someone calls 911.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Well my husband cant find a fucking job, so he would gladly work Tgiving or any other time. Stop bitching and be glad he gets a check! Some of us have real problems.
MumaSue
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Exactly LOL ... so proud of you.

Quoting Anonymous:

And I'll be stimulating the economy and adding to the job security of those retail workers. Win win!

Quoting MumaSue:

Now you're working out a solution :) ..... well done, shopping power. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Who said anything about retail? Although maybe I'll console my husband-less self with some retail therapy that day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Stupid attempt to compare retail with security personnel in prisons.

thedathree
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Quoting jkleinman:

Oh forget US military. What about the soldiers who will be away from their families in another country for holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, all of it? Honestly the whole Walmart strike thing is ridiculous, considering the number of people who are working jobs to protect and serve as firefighters, police officers, soldiers, prison guards, EMTs, doctors, nurses, and the list goes on. It's just stupid!

Totally true. There are men who can't even attend their families births or funerals sometimes. Not to mention other men and women who would jump at rhe chance to have such a stable job that's a living wage as well. I'm sure correctional officers pay and benefits are better than the guys working at best buy or McDonald's. ..
Sarina.c.c
by Reen on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:00 PM
This! Df is military and I work in a hospital. We aren't complaining.

Quoting Anonymous:

Get over it.. It's a 24/7/365 day profession... Just like military, hospital, police, fire department... Or better yet.. Tell him to get a new job that doesn't work holidays
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

sorry you can blame my husband who is an inmate. Think of all the kids who can't see their dad bc he's in prison and doesn't get to come home. Regardless of how the inmate got there they still have families who love them and miss them too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:01 PM

My FIL loves those holidays..He gets paid double time and a half to work..and hes a LT at a prison..

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

O.o i send my husband to work on shut down. they make triple time. Does your husband not make holiday pay? :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured