Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do u lie about how much money you make?

Posted by   + Show Post
Seems like there are a lot of well off ppl here. Also I see a lot of ppl posting to poor moms not to get their kids presents if they can't afford it but yet they are the ones buying iPads for every kid. Is the majority really so well off?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Replies (101-103):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I don't need to lie. My Dh makes about 100K per year and I make close to 50K. We are not rich, but we are far from poor. I think moms/dads should get their kids what they can afford for Christmas. If they have put away a little each month and can splurge on a Nintendo DS, even if they are on foodstamps, I don't give a shit. At least that parent is prepared!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I suspect the majority is very much ingrained in the middle class on this site. 

However, DH just got a big promotion at work (about a 20K/yr extra) and the guys tease him about how much he must be making, guessing he's just bringing in a few bucks more now then before. He just goes along with it. However, I am about the only wife that stays home and doesn't bring in an income, so they still probably have total household incomes higher than us. lol. 

3mom627
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:50 AM

I don't lie on CM. I do stretch the truth when talking to people, trying to inflate my salary by a little. As others have said, we are by no means rich, we are not starving. Trouble is, there never seems enough, something always comes up, car problems, leaky faucet.

3MOM627

have a nice day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)