Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do u lie about how much money you make?

Posted by   + Show Post
Seems like there are a lot of well off ppl here. Also I see a lot of ppl posting to poor moms not to get their kids presents if they can't afford it but yet they are the ones buying iPads for every kid. Is the majority really so well off?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:10 PM

No, I don't make ANY money so there's nothing to lie about. I am a SAHW. Now, as far as what my husband makes....I don't generally TELL people what he makes because it's none of their business. We have no debt (no mortgage, no credit cards and no car payment) so what he makes yearly (around $65,000 gross, $3200-$4000 a month take home) is not what many would consider "rich" but given that we have $2000-$2400 left every month after the bills are paid I think that we do pretty well.

SusieQue717
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:11 PM

hahahaha! 

Quoting lowencope:

Well I thought about that... But I thought maybe an anon would fess up. Lol no I got told it was none of my damn business.

Quoting SusieQue717:

If anyone does lie, I doubt they're going to admit it :D

LilynAustin
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I don't know how much we make.  I think it's about average.  We struggle some times, as all people do (like a HUGE electric bill, car breaks down, etc.)  I think, honestly, though we do pretty well for ourselves considering I don't work.  Though, we do have a mini stroke when Christmas comes around.  I have 20 nieces and nephews, I have 4 kids myself, two moms (bio and adoptive), a dad, step dad, in-laws, 12 brothers and sisters, and the list goes on, lol!  

Anyway, I don't lie about finances because it's not about money for me...it's about quality time and memories.  Who cares that I drive an old van or don't where designer clothes?  Not me.  :)

dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:13 PM
We do very well for our area. I earn over the average household income. DF earns a couple dollars less an hour than I do. We aren't buying iPads for Christmas though ;)

Well, I may get one. But the kids are just getting those little vetch tablets that are like 60 dollars apiece!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Miller11
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:14 PM

We are not rich, but we are comfortable. We pay all of our bills on time, we put money in to savings, we have money for fun stuff.

MamaPeanut
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:16 PM
I think most people tell the truth.

It's like any area in life, some people are doing well right now, and others are broke.

We are not rich, but we are doing well. And we are buying N iPad and other expensive things.
brittany208
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:16 PM

We don't live paycheck to paycheck. But we don't make enough to go out shopping on a whim.

Eagle293
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:18 PM
I think I'm considered middle class and happy with it
CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that there are a few folks who are very well off, but that a lot of people who get tagged as boastful or "rich" because they live in high-income/high cost areas, are a little older with more job experience and/or have their own business.  These are the folks who will report that perhaps they bring home over 7K a month, or over 100K a year or something, and the ladies who live in low-income/low-cost areas think it sounds like a lie.  So to mock the "liars" they begin to post ridiculous answers like "a kajillion dollars a month!" or some such nonsense. 

4noodles4me
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:22 PM
No, there's no reason to lie about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN