Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do u lie about how much money you make?

Posted by   + Show Post
Seems like there are a lot of well off ppl here. Also I see a lot of ppl posting to poor moms not to get their kids presents if they can't afford it but yet they are the ones buying iPads for every kid. Is the majority really so well off?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:52 PM
I live with my parents right now. I pay $200 rent per month and I pay for my gas/insurance/cell phone with child support. School fees are waived since I'm low income. The rest my parents pay anyway so us living here only made water and food go up. I made some mistakes and had 2 kids by 18. I was married for 2yrs (17-19) but we are now divorced. My youngest has some SN so I'm trying to find a job that I can work from home. I had an interview Friday so fingers crossed!

Quoting Anonymous:

How do you pay rent? lights? gas? cell phone? internet? water/garbage/sewear? fuel? insurance? school pictures? school fees? mcdonalds?

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope I'm poor, I'm trying to find a job that will work with my situation. I get cs but that's it right now. I worked before I had my second son and last year I had a nice job taking care of an old lady that I could bring my kids to watch, but she passed away. :(

Sandiekd21
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Nope. I'm a SAHM and all I earn is kisses and hugs, and the occasional picture that was colored/painted/drawn just for me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM
I make 35,000 a year and DH makes 55,000 a year

That's nothing to brag about to me
HaloWithHorns78
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:54 PM
We aren't rich but we are doing good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chattycassie
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I have a family of 5 make abut 16 an hour get 130 a week in CS and my BF make minumun wage. WE are not broke but not far from it either. IDK if or why anyone else would lie.

chattycassie
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:09 PM

As a HARD working mom I find it almost sickening to see the SAHM here that say they have or make NO money. WTF ANYTHING your husband brings is half yours. That is an odd concept for me to think you all (grouping here) think so little of what you do and the value of it.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I don't make ANY money so there's nothing to lie about. I am a SAHW. Now, as far as what my husband makes....I don't generally TELL people what he makes because it's none of their business. We have no debt (no mortgage, no credit cards and no car payment) so what he makes yearly (around $65,000 gross, $3200-$4000 a month take home) is not what many would consider "rich" but given that we have $2000-$2400 left every month after the bills are paid I think that we do pretty well.

BShip2010
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I don't lie..I'm poor.

spicy_n_sweet
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Nope, no need to.  I'm more than comfortable and I'm good with that.

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:12 PM

We lie by omission IRL.  We don't want anyone (except close friends and family) know what we make.  When we're asked our professions we say things like "I work at the hospital" or "In computers".  Once people who never gave a shit about you before in your life find out that you are "rich, wealthy, well off, comfortable' etc. they expect you to always help them out.  

We make great money.  We have no financial problems.

raegansmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I don't lie about it.  I don't disclose dollar amounts either.  We do just fine & do not struggle.  We are very fortunate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)