Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yes, I think that she got pregnant on purpose

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:02 PM
  • 272 Replies
My friend is in college. He comes from a very wealthy family. And when I mean wealthy I'm talking about owning a second house on Martha's Vineyard. Vacationing with celebrities. They are rich.

Becuase they are rich his parents taught him ALWAYS use condoms and AlWAYS bring his own.

Well he met a girl on the subway. She is 32. She has a degree and a decent job.

They have been dating for a few months.

Now she has turned up pregnant.

He called me today and told me about it. When I asked him how this happened. He said the same way I got pregnant - antibiotics and a broken condom.

I'm claiming bullshit.

Yes I got pregnant when I was 16 becuase I was young and stupid. I wa sick and went to the doctor and when the doctor went to prescribe me antibiotics she asked me if I was in birth control and I lied and said no becuase my mom was right there and I didn't want her to know I was having sex.

Most doctors ask before prescribing a woman antibiotics if he is in birth control. Even if they didn't , I'm sure somewhere in her 32 years of life she has been told that antibiotics effect boeh control.

I also believe this woman is 32 and her biological clock is ticking. Something is just not adding up. He also sai they had been using her condoms becuase she allergic to certain ones..

If this was some dumb college bimbo like he had even dating last year I would think maybe it was an accident. But no, this is an educated woman that has everything to fit a perfect life except a husband and a baby.

And given my friends stature and history in the community he would be the perfect person to trap into a marriage.

What do you guys think?

I told him to be careful. That things just weren't adding up, he thinks I'm crazy and was offended by the comment.

Edit/update: okay to answer repeat questions. One of the main reasons I was suspicious of it is because their relationship has an expiration date. He leaves to study abroad come January for a year. She has also openly said in the past prior to this situation that she would rather be a single mom than never have kids at all.

I also wanted to put out there for all the bitchy Anons that I am in no way or fashion jealous. He's not my type. Never has been. Granted he spent the first year I knew him trying to date me. I turned him down and he stopped trying after I got pregnant and didn't get an abortion. Ever since then we have just been good friends. We are always in each other's business. We also are pretty blunt with each other without the other one taking offense.

He also was not happy or excited for this baby. He actually convinced her to get an abortion (it was still up in the air when I originally wrote this). She said she was going to take the pills this weekend. Although I'm not a huge fan of abortion myself, that is their issue.

I told him he should be there for her this weekend. Mainly so he can support her, but also so he can know of she decides not to go through with it. I would hate for him to come back from Europe next year and have a baby he didn't know existed.

I did apologize to him for making a snap judgement, however he agreed that he could see where I was coming from. He said she even made a comment about how this may be the only time she gets pregnant naturally as she is choosing abortion.

We also talked about how they are at different places in their life, and I encouraged him to be honest with her about it. She is at a point where she is wanting to find the right guy and settle down. He even admitted to me that she has made comments on several occasions that her Plan A was already blown out of the water. She thought she would be married by 28 and at least had 1 kid by 32 or at least actively trying to have kids. He has several more years of school before he will be ready for anything like that.

But anyways I guess it doesn't matter if she did it on purpose or not.. She will be ending it soon.

However I did give him a lecture on making sure it doesn't happen again...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hudson.maggie
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:05 PM
7 moms liked this

You never know. Maybe she really DIDN'T know about the antibiotics thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Tough one...I don't know honestly what I think about this, but here is a bump!
MommyFlood
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:06 PM
I think he should have brought his own condoms....but, judging by the given information, I wouldn't go so far as to say this woman planned to trap him.
He should request a paternity test when baby comes and not make any marriage commitments for now. If its his, hopefully he'll learn to always bring his own (trusted) supply of condoms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lady_In_Ink
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:06 PM
3 moms liked this
I think you are jumping to conclusions.
VannaMae307
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

so have him get a paternity test when it pops out, to eliminate any other possibility.

Other than that yes it seems like there is something unclean in the milk (pun intended)

Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:07 PM
I seriously doubt it.. Plus she has a MEDICAL science degree!

Quoting hudson.maggie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:07 PM

I would assume he remebers a broken condom so I beleive her.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:09 PM

ever think that maybe she has alot going on an it just didnt clikc "oh crap im on birthcontrol an meds extra safe?

lifehappy
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:09 PM
3 moms liked this

You never mentioned if he loves the woman, is happy to become a father, etc.

hudson.maggie
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Well you left that part out lol.. Idk.. I would just tell your friend you are there for him, but keep your comments to yourself. He may think you are right and have a thought in the back of his head that she did do it on purpose, but let him figure it out on his own.

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

I seriously doubt it.. Plus she has a MEDICAL science degree!

Quoting hudson.maggie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)