Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone else married to a selfish pig?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies

Whatever my husband can do to put himself first is what he does. Day after day I give him the benefit of the doubt and day after day I am disappointed. He spends the majority of his time at home on his Ipad playing stupid childish games. He never thanks me or tells me he appreciates me. I am always telling him thank you and how much I appreciate him. Even if he does something like take out the trash (on rare occasions) I am there to tell him thank you. I've talked to him about it and he tells me he has a hard time sharing his feelings. Well, come on, after 7 years of marriage you'd think he'd catch on and grow up a little bit. He's still the same person he was when he was 25 and he's now 32. I take care of the house, the kids, go to school, and did work full time until I had our son 10 weeks ago. He works for a cable company in our area, knocking on doors or standing in walmart selling cable. He is so damn lazy, does hardly a thing around the house when he's home and expects to be catered to. I am so sick of it. I am sick of being his last priority. Here's an example, a few nights in a row I gave him a back rub with lotion for half an hour at a time. Last night I hinted a few times until he said, "Come sit in front of me, I'll give you a back rub" but rather than just giving me one, he's got his Ipad on his lap and continually stops to poke at it and play his games. Heres another example: yesterday after noon he tells the kids he's going to play bean bag toss with them after lunch, next thing you know he's on the phone....for an hour!. Day before: I find a sitter and ask him if he wants to go out to dinner, I want to go somewhere romantic, intimate, so we can be close and talk and just have a good time. He wants to go to...Old Country Buffet! Thats where we end up. As soon as we get home, I"m thinking we can spend some time together, hang out, maybe play a game or something. He turns on the TV and turns on a show he knows I don't like! WTF??I have tried being extra nice, I have tried subtle hints, I've tried ignoring him to see how he feels, I've tried being blunt about. He always gets defensive and won't talk to me. Acts like its my fault. Well, now I'm at the point where I just want to get through this holiday season and then hand him divorce papers. I'd rather be alone and happy than married and miserable. I don't think he'll ever come around. I don't think I ask too much, but he sure seems to think so. Sorry so long. I'm just so frustrated!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

tell him what you told us.

how is he supposed to know what you want if you dont tell him?

men are stupid. they cant pick up on hints, you have to be straight with them

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:34 PM

nope.  just the opposite. i dont know what advise to give you, sorry :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this
After so many times of his bs, I got out. They don't change, you're only prolonging misery.
inmybizz
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

this..

Candymonster
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I had some bacon this morning...thats pretty much as close to giving a pig oral as it gets...in short- nope. 

LoveMyLos
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Umm. Stop doing everything for him. If he wants clean underwear, he can do them, clean dishes, same thing ect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Nope my dh would never treat me that way. Yours sounds like an asshole. Trying talking to him and if he doesn't change then it's time to leave
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Oh I have definitely told him. Again and again. It's the only "argument" we have. He knows he does it, I just mentioned it this afternoon. I am not feeling good, sore throat, fever, cough, headache. He told our 5 year old he was going to get her ready for school in a few minutes. Next thing I know he's in the shower! I got her ready and when he came upstairs I said "I thought you were going to get her ready for school?" He says "We have 20 minutes!" In his high pitched, defensive voice. By the time he got his hair done and himself ready it was time for them to go and he was snapping at her about getting her shoes and coat on. They didn't have 20 minutes. Yeah, 20 minutes for HIM. I said he puts himself first, and it isn't fair. He doesn't care, or doesn't think he does. Every time I try to talk to him he gets defensive and blames me.

Quoting inmybizz:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

this..

momto2crazykids
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:43 PM
My husband is the same damn way.... I get the kids off to school, run errands, work, clean house, cook, help kids w homework... lol to make it short I'll tell u what he does instead of what he dosen't do he sleeps and plays games on the computer.. that's it... my advice to u is just go out on your own and have a good time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

mine gets like that but i get bitchy about it and he stops for awhile.   he is also addicted to his ipad and tv shows but he is more reasonable.    i am pretty strong willed,   if i told a man i wanted a romatic dinner and he went to a buffet - i doubt i would even agree to get of the car and go into the restaurant.    could you try treating him like he treats you -??  it could be fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)