Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I invited my MIL to my homebirth...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And said she was "going to come anyways."

Why do people not think it is a big deal to invite someone to their birth whether it be out of hospital, in hospital or a birth center? Why do people just "expect" to be invited. It is an EXTREMELY intimate and EXTREMELY life changing experience to give birth rather it be c-section or vaginal.No matter how many times you give birth.

This is my second birth and she may not even make it since she lives 2,000 miles away.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Replies (121-122):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:19 AM
When I had my first 2 kids, my mil lived 1300 miles away and was unable to come when they were born. When I had my twins, mil lived a few blocks away. She kept talking about how she was going to be in the room when I gave birth. I did not want her in there. I didn't mind her being in the waiting room but didnt want her in the room until after I had them. I ended up with an emergency csection so it was just my DH in the OR with me. My SIL ( DH brothers wife) recently had her first baby. MIL insisted on being in the room. SIL was to afraid to tell her no because they live in her house.
CutieCrab
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:19 AM
I agree. Even for my own mother. Lol. She expected to be at my next one, until i toldcan her I just want it me and my husband.

Quoting Anonymous:

Rude of her. She can come for the baby's arrival but she shouldn't expect to be there in the room while you're giving birth.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)