Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I invited my MIL to my homebirth...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

And said she was "going to come anyways."

Why do people not think it is a big deal to invite someone to their birth whether it be out of hospital, in hospital or a birth center? Why do people just "expect" to be invited. It is an EXTREMELY intimate and EXTREMELY life changing experience to give birth rather it be c-section or vaginal.No matter how many times you give birth.

This is my second birth and she may not even make it since she lives 2,000 miles away.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Replies (81-90):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

So then don't call her until you've had your baby?

Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:18 PM
RUDE.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilAsMom526
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Well i needed all the support i could get. My sister Sara and my mom were there for me. My soster heather missed it by an hour she lives in another state. i am a single mom. But i did all natural in water birth the best experience for my son:) Everyone is different but yes. It is a life changing experience. It's the most beautiful thing that could happen to a women. The next time I have a kid I want to do a home birth. Midwives are amazing. I loved my midwife.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CatherineNewton
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Yupp it was my mom dh and his mom. I really like my mil so it worked out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Crazy. I give you props for wanting more than your husband/so in the room with you.

Quoting CatherineNewton:

I wAnted my mil in the room with me.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:34 PM

People were arguing who was going to be in the room with me. No one was there for our four birth's but my husband and I. Our parents waited in the waiting room.

CCMami
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I think its so intimate that you should share that moment only with daddy.  

bellaamore
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:37 PM

My own mom wasnt even invited to the birth of my daughter.

I invite after the birth.

Pink.Frosting
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:38 PM

When I gave birth no one except medical staff and my husband were allowed in that room.  Period.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I guess I'm different... When my MIL asked Dh and I if she was allowed to be in the room with us when Dd was born, I laughed, because she seemed kind of unsure and maybe a bit nervous to ask, but I told her that she was more then welcome, I expected her to be there with us and was so happy that I was able to give her the opportunity to see her first granddaughter enter the world. 

kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:59 PM

i didnt care who decided to wait around at the hospital, but while i was pushing it was only me and dh (except with my first, cause mil was my birth coach since dh was gone the whole time, so it was me, dh, and mil)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured