Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So...who's gonna bail me out of jail?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:10 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this
When I beat my sister senseless, I need to have my game plan in order. Anyone that wants to pick me up from county jail would be appreciated and I'll pay you back!

Ok, not really, but my mom might. I'm joining in on the messed up holiday family drama! I have two sisters and I don't care if you know their names, they're Hope and Kendall. We have had Thanksgiving at Hope's house every year for FIFTEEN years. We live in NC, my mom, aunt and uncle drive up from FL, and my mom buys Kendall and her dh a plane ticket to come from IL. This year, Kendall had her first baby and they bought their first house. She wanted us to come there for Thanksgiving and after a lot of begging and bitching, we said ok. After all, we all know how much it sucks to travel with a newborn.

This morning, TWO DAYS before we're supposed to leave, Kendall calls and says her dh and dd are sick and she thinks it's best if they all just skip Thanksgiving this year. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?? She begged to have it at her house! Plane tickets for my mom, aunt, uncle, my huge pregnant butt, dh, our two kids, my other sister, her dh and their three kids have been bought and paid for. Hotel reservations have been made. We checked and hotel deposits are nonrefundable and plane tickets are only refundable for half the price.

My mom is trying to talk some sense into her right now, but if she can't, I swear, my family and I are just going to show up on her damn doorstep!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Go and hope they are better. Atleast the whole family will be together ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IndescribableMa
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Yep, the next time she heard from me would be however long it took us all to get there, at her front door. That's crazy cancelling at the last minute when she clearly has to know you've all purchased your tickets!

NoahandEliza
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Tickets at any holiday time are ridiculously expensive. I know how awful it is to have a sick 3 month old, but hey, she'd have 3 extra moms to help out!

Quoting IndescribableMa:

Yep, the next time she heard from me would be however long it took us all to get there, at her front door. That's crazy cancelling at the last minute when she clearly has to know you've all purchased your tickets!

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:23 PM
I'd be pissed. What a bitch ! Sorry didn't mean that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IndescribableMa
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Very true, and a good way to look at it. Hopefully she feels the same! :) Good luck!

Quoting NoahandEliza:

Tickets at any holiday time are ridiculously expensive. I know how awful it is to have a sick 3 month old, but hey, she'd have 3 extra moms to help out!

Quoting IndescribableMa:

mrs.seri
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:24 PM
That's crazy! I'd go anyways.
NoahandEliza
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Lol, it's ok, I feel the same right now!

Quoting aprilsalcro:

I'd be pissed. What a bitch ! Sorry didn't mean that

kattu
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be begging for my sisters to come help!

Quoting NoahandEliza:

Quoting IndescribableMa:

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:28 PM

So fly to IL and have Tgiving at a restaurant together. 

sthflachk
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:28 PM
I'd go anyway!! She may say she doesn't want everyone there but she will get over it. Maybe she's worried about doing the cooking?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)