Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

On the Last Night of Chanukkah...Ask a Jew!

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM
  • 902 Replies
8 moms liked this

Hi there! My name is Michelle and I am a Jewish mother-to-be! 

I am happy to answer any genuine questions about Judaism or about me personally. I will answer to the best of my knowledge and ability, so long as your questions are real questions and not aimed at attacking my religion or beliefs. 

Since hundreds of questions have been answered already, I recommend taking a some time to read through this post to see if your question has been answered already. If you ask something that has already been answered, I will try to direct you to the answer. If you think my first answer was not sufficient, feel free to dig deeper! 

I would also like to request that this forum not become a place for any heated debates, political arguments or attacks on ANY person or group of people. You can find the appropriate places for these types of discussions elsewhere on CafeMom.

Please do not reply to anyone who has disrespected that request, I promise, I have already addressed everyone and responding to them only brings them back into the conversation that they have long put behind them!

Ask away! 

-Michelle  

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:21 PM
I dated a Jewish Guy and i remember a holiday where u eat outside like in a hut with like a straw roof or something... what was the holiday called? I always talk about it but don't know what it is..
Mesh2
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:31 PM
3 moms liked this

It is called Sukkot and the hut you are talking about is a Sukkah! Sukkot is a fall harvest festival. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I dated a Jewish Guy and i remember a holiday where u eat outside like in a hut with like a straw roof or something... what was the holiday called? I always talk about it but don't know what it is..

paigesmommy5264
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Thanks!

Quoting Mesh2:

It is called Sukkot and the hut you are talking about is a Sukkah! Sukkot is a fall harvest festival. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Apr1l
Do u cover your head?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM
4 moms liked this

Why?  You must be bored.  I feel that if someone has questions, they will go looking for answers.  It's just so random to say, "hey, look at me, this is who i am and what i believe in" so ask me anything?!  Sorry, not trying to come off mean, but, it's just weird.

achorney
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I watched a fabulous movie in school about the Sukkot holiday. Very beautiful notion!

Apr1l
What r your thoughts about the fighting going on now?
ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Are you converted or born into it?

Apr1l
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Can u speak Hebrew?
Mesh2
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I do not cover my head and my husband does not cover his unless we are in a synagogue. 

Quoting Apr1l:

Do u cover your head?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)