Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm in an abusive relationship

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
dh is mosty emotionally & verbally abusive.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Are you married to my ex? I tried to warn that crazy bitch

But there is no need for you to put up with that. Have you tried talking to him or couples therapy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schmoopi
by QueenOfAllThings on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:09 PM

You should position yourself to leave. Because he's not going to change, even though he's probably told you he will. Get your butt to counseling at the very least.

spicy_n_sweet
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

\Acknowledging there is a problems is step 1.

Step 2.....what do you plan on doing about the situation you are in?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Me too. Similar to your DH. I'm positioning myself to leave.

jbirdsladie27
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Leave,
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Make a safety plan and copy all pertinent documents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I'm sorry, sweetie. Try to get into couples therapy, see the therapist one on one, that should help you be able to leave. *Hugs to you* 

Think of it this way, you could be leading a fun, active life. Do you really want to waste your life on someone like this? Somebody should enhance your life not take away from it. 

One more thing, I used to get scared if I was treated like crap, scared of escalating the situation if I stood up for myself. I realized there was nothing to be afraid of. I did it, I turned into a bitch.. to him. It all changed. Good luck. 

yayay15
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Mostly? So he's physical sometimes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
well...leave. I was in a physically abusive one for years. no matter what anyone here says....you will only leave when your tired of it and ready to leave. its all on you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:15 PM
I agree. Tonight my 3 yr old dd told me "daddys mean to you". He heard her and said it's because mom doesnt know how to treat a man. Smdh

Quoting rnchelle93:

Get out. Please, for the sake of your kids, get out. My mother was and is in a verbally, emotionally, and towards the kids sometimes physically abusive, relationship. I can't tell you the damage it did to me and to my siblings to grow up around that. I know how easy it is to say, oh, it's not that bad, but yes, it is, and trust me, no matter how well you think you are shielding or protecting your kids, you aren't. They are noticing, and they will remember and it will have an effect on them. So please, get some help and get out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)