Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you do when people say stupid crap about god?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Just today one friend said 'God is good' because she hit the 4 digit, and another claimed that god would 'deal with' the car dealer who sold him a lemon. I said nothing in both instances, but it was really hard not to roll my eyes.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Replies (51-56):
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I just cringe to myself and do my best to ignore it. Now when i am going through rough times if they start that god is testing you/ never gives you more than you can handle etc... bull-crap. I will say something.

SevenKisses
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:15 PM

It's pathetic + useless. Kind of like this one chick I knows, writes FB posts talking to god and my deceased sons' father asking them for help winning bingo and shit. It's fucking stupid as hell.

autodidact
by Snarknado on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:20 PM

do you know the meaning of the word hypothetical? why are you assuming "it's that big of a problem"?  

I'm saying I'm not required to remain quiet if someone says something to me and I disagree, it IS my place to say so.  

Quoting Anonymous:

You sound hypersensitve if someone making a casua comment thanking god is "pushing that crap" on you. Why don't you choose your friends more wisely if its that big of a problem.

Quoting autodidact:

no, it's fucking rude to push that crap on someone else and expect them not to disagree. I'd find the "god helped me win the lottery" a lot more annoying if I WAS a believer. as an atheist I just think it's silly. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Be prepared to lose a friend than.....that's just fucking rude.

Quoting autodidact:

if they say it to me, it is. for crying out loud, they even knock on doors with that crap, but we're not allowed so much as a response? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Not your place to say anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this
You have the right to say anything you want. Doesn't mean you should or that you won't suffer the conequences of doing so.

Quoting autodidact:

do you know the meaning of the word hypothetical? why are you assuming "it's that big of a problem"?  

I'm saying I'm not required to remain quiet if someone says something to me and I disagree, it IS my place to say so.  

Quoting Anonymous:

You sound hypersensitve if someone making a casua comment thanking god is "pushing that crap" on you. Why don't you choose your friends more wisely if its that big of a problem.

Quoting autodidact:

no, it's fucking rude to push that crap on someone else and expect them not to disagree. I'd find the "god helped me win the lottery" a lot more annoying if I WAS a believer. as an atheist I just think it's silly. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Be prepared to lose a friend than.....that's just fucking rude.

Quoting autodidact:

if they say it to me, it is. for crying out loud, they even knock on doors with that crap, but we're not allowed so much as a response? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Not your place to say anything.

Heatherahh
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Thank you I feel the same,

Quoting Anonymous:

i didnt see him provide for the africans that were starving, and other places. but yes, i wont argue. everyone has their beliefs, i respect that

Quoting Heatherahh:

I actually believe God does provide, what people get confused on is understanding what he provides is opportunities. If someone is hungry God may not fry you up a hamburger, but he provides land and sun and water to grow food, he also provides us with abilities and skills to make stuff happen.

Quoting Anonymous:

like the classic " god will provide". provide what, exactly?? hes not physically capable for providing anything. but- eh, i keep my mouth shut

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

To each their own, if it makes someone feel better to give their problems to GOD, then let them.   We are all entitled to believe what we choose or to handle things the way we see fit.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)