Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really? It can't hurt THAT much!

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:13 PM
  • 133 Replies

I LOVE incense.

I especially love the woodsy smelling ones like Sandalwood, thats my favorite!

My husband dislikes it, doesn't mind a lingering Sandalwood scent (who would mind that its divine!?), but dislikes passing by a burning one- he says it bothers his contacts.  

I believe that...so I lovingly tell him to steer clear of the ones that are burning.  

Well fast forward a few years and now he says that incense is going to kill us all that its bad for us and to just knock it off.

>.< 

Im less than pleased.  

I did a search on google and basically my conclusion is that its impossible to argue that breathing in any sort of smoke is good for you, however its not really bad for you either.  I mean sure if you have allergies or any sort of respiratory problems incense is "bad" for you in the sense that it can irritate these affliction.  

In our case though, its not bad for any of us...not "good" either but you know, we are a group of healthy beasts and burning a couple sticks/cones of incense in the evening isn't going to harm us.  

So I call his bluff and he wont let it go, has morphed into the incense nazi refuses to admit he plain ol just is not a fan of it.

I love it too much to give it up!  Sandalwood, mmm soooo good. 

Do any of you burn incense?  

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kattu
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Yup. Frequently. I have a sandalwood and vanilla plug in upstairs that is amazing too. Maybe offer to open a window? Otherwise he is crazy. That shit is the bomb.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM

haha, my thoughts exactly!  

Quoting kattu:

Yup. Frequently. I have a sandalwood and vanilla plug in upstairs that is amazing too. Maybe offer to open a window? Otherwise he is crazy. That shit is the bomb.

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM

BUMP!

URHonor
by Rotten.Girl on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:23 PM
No gives me a headache
ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:24 PM
I prefer them over most of the tarts you can burn because they actually help give a nice scent :)
Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Quoting URHonor:

No gives me a headache

I have heard this complaint as well...my mil claims headaches by incense.  I just try not to burn it around her. It isn't like they are going 24/7 but if im just chillaxing in the evening I enjoy incense.  

1boy1girlmama
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:24 PM

I used to, but I don't anymore. It probably would bother my contacts, that kind of stuff does.

TattoodMommy19
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:24 PM
My husband has an addiction to it. Lol he gets all excited when there is a sale or new scents. He especially loves cinnamon scents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Yes, I agree...I have never smelled anything that lingers longer than incense.  If im burning a smelly candle I have to be singing off my nose hairs to get a good whiff.  But incense!?  That could have been burnt hours ago and you can still smell it : ) 

Quoting ninjakids:

I prefer them over most of the tarts you can burn because they actually help give a nice scent :)

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:25 PM
I love it! Sandalwood is a favorite, of course...I also like nag champa. I usually crack a window, though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured