Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I GIVE UP!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I just really need to get this out before I blow up on someone.
I'm a 29yo single mother to a 9yo boy. We live with my father to make it easier on all of us. I left my job back in April and was lucky enough to get unemployment. I have been looking for a job sense but its a bit hard.sense I don't drive. Yes I know how to drive but my father wont let me take his car anywhere. So I'm stuck looking for work within like 2 miles from my house.
When I'm on the computer putting in applications or actually out looking I'm cleaning the damn house. I do everything. Every night I cook, every other day Im doing laundry, doing dishes. I'm tired of doing everything damn thing in this hell whole! I'm always on my son to pick up his stuff, he just thinks "hey, if poppop doesn't have to neither do I"
I hardly ever get to go out. Any time I ask my father to watch my son so I can just get out, I hear "I'm leaving here at 5:45am weather your home or not!" Or I hear "remember he's got school tomorrow!" No shit! Why wouldn't I be home? I know he has school! And before you as no I don't have anyone else to watch my son.
I'm just so damn sick of doing everything and basically being stuck home all the time. I'm at the end of my rope with it all!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Wow! Ok I live with/married a passive aggressive lying cheater. Feel better now?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:35 PM
2 moms liked this

if you are a single mother, why did you quit your job? in a situation like that, I would stick with a job whether I hated it or not. Get a license and get your own car. Problem solved there. It's your own fault if your 9 year old is not cleaning up after himself or helping with chores. How is this supposed to be easier on everyone???

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:40 PM
My boss flipped out on me when I had to take 3days off to take care of my father who was sick at the time. I never took a day off in over a year I was there! I covered for everyone and worked 10days straight! In on my sons ass all the time to pick up his things!

Quoting Anonymous:

if you are a single mother, why did you quit your job? in a situation like that, I would stick with a job whether I hated it or not. Get a license and get your own car. Problem solved there. It's your own fault if your 9 year old is not cleaning up after himself or helping with chores. How is this supposed to be easier on everyone???

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

so you quit because your boss had a tantrum??? yeah that's a great reason for a single mother to go jobless!!! And if your dad is so ill that he needs somebody to care take for him ... does he have medicaid? Does he qualify for an in home PCA? I work for a company that hires personal care assistants that go in to elderly/disabled people's homes and takes care of their needs. You could, potentially, get hired to be his PCA and get paid for cleaning his house, making his meals, helping him when he's sick, etc.???

IMHO ... you are in this position because of your choices. It is going to be your choices and actions that will get you out of this situation.

Quoting Anonymous:

My boss flipped out on me when I had to take 3days off to take care of my father who was sick at the time. I never took a day off in over a year I was there! I covered for everyone and worked 10days straight! In on my sons ass all the time to pick up his things!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:49 PM
He has no insurance! Trust me if I could have had someone here helping him with all this I would!
Would you stay in a job if you were yelled at and mistreated all the time? I had another job lined up when I left but it fell threw.

Quoting Anonymous:

so you quit because your boss had a tantrum??? yeah that's a great reason for a single mother to go jobless!!! And if your dad is so ill that he needs somebody to care take for him ... does he have medicaid? Does he qualify for an in home PCA? I work for a company that hires personal care assistants that go in to elderly/disabled people's homes and takes care of their needs. You could, potentially, get hired to be his PCA and get paid for cleaning his house, making his meals, helping him when he's sick, etc.???

IMHO ... you are in this position because of your choices. It is going to be your choices and actions that will get you out of this situation.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:11 PM
if i were a single mom ... yes!!

Quoting Anonymous:

He has no insurance! Trust me if I could have had someone here helping him with all this I would!

Would you stay in a job if you were yelled at and mistreated all the time? I had another job lined up when I left but it fell threw.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:17 PM
No need to explain yourself to her. I lost my job due to a similar reason so I get it. And yes I was a single mom and sure enough I got unemployment too but it still wasn't enough.

If I was close I would be willing to help you out so you could have some time to breath. And I would help with driving you to and from work

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:18 PM
First if all, this the absolute worst place to look for compassion and understanding, you seldom will find it people must feel good about themselves and their lives to validate your feelings and sadly many mothers here do not and therefore can not offer support to others, blame yes, support NO! You sound very isolated due to your circumstances, are there other single mothers in your town, a church group, something through your son's school? I am a clinical therapist working with children in schools and a large community counseling center, raising kids is a tough job but doing it alone which caring for a parent who seems demanding and not very considerate of your needs is just plain horrific, please try to find support do that you can take care of yourself, you deserve it as a mom and simply as a person, you really do count.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Why won't your dad let you drive?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured