Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No BM. I'm not going to watch your kids because you didnt plan ahead.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I got a sitter for my little one on Wednesday so I can get some Xmas shopping done and do some last minute things for thanksgiving.

I was informed that I my stepkids will be here on Tuesday and Wednesday because mom has to work as does dad. I told mom I was going to be out of the house and that they can either stay with the sitter. Or she can come get them. Neither option is ok with her. She's gonna be super pissed when she comes to get them and theyare here with the sitter.

Dads ok with this. And even of he wasnt he can figure out what to do with them. I'm not canceling what I need to get done just because she has poor planning.

Just a vent I guess.

And before you guys go all apeshit about evil stepmom bullshit. Don't bother. My SO has 50% custody of his kids and since I am for the most part a SAHM I do a majority of the childcare. So I take care of them all the time. And this is a new thing the school is doing with the week off before thanksgiving.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Replies (21-25):
tifferlicious
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Amen sista!!! Seriously if you don't put your foot down now then she is going to continue to run over you all.

Because that is the way most bad moms are, and i mean crappy moms...not the good ones...so if you bitch about this post then i guess this posting was for you!!!

ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Agree'd have fun shopping. if she wants them to be with family memebers then she should find a family  member who is available to watch them.

Quoting 4noodles4me:

Your right bad planning on her part not yours. Happy shopping!
Oh and make sure she or dh pay the sitter!

mom2bell
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:52 PM
If Martied a man with kids they are mine too and it would be my job to make sure my kids are taken care of be it with me or a trusted sitter.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bluedolly01
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:22 PM
I love asking people "since when does bad planning on YOUR part constitute and emergency on MINE?" they usually get the point.

Have fun shopping :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:39 PM
That's my favorite saying. ;-)

Quoting bluedolly01:

I love asking people "since when does bad planning on YOUR part constitute and emergency on MINE?" they usually get the point.

Have fun shopping :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured