Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do if your 4 year old told you this about preschool?????????

Posted by   + Show Post

I made a post last week but I would like some more opinions.

My four year old son came home from preschool and told me that him and two other boys go in the back corner where no one else can see them and play Dr. Theres a big rock in the corner they call "the dr bed" He told me one boy got completely naked, the other boy took his shoes, socks, pants, underwear off. That's when the teacher found them! He told me he was patient number 3 so he didn't get to play yet. He said the teacher helped the other boys get dressed! He only knows one of the boys names the other one he never played with before.

Now, this was last Thursday I went to the school first thing Friday morning asking the director why I was not told about this incident since a teacher found them. She had no idea about it, the teacher never told her. I told her I thought it was inappropriate and I believe an incident report should have been written and there is no reason i should be hearing this from my 4 year old!! I know the one mother of the other boy and I told her.The teacher that found them took Friday off so she was not there. She said she would call me first thing Monday morning, by 11:00 I did not receive a call. I called at 11:45 and she said the teacher came in today not feeling well so she sent her home and she would call me tomorrow. I'm pissed she didn't even call to tell me that she didn't get a chance to talk to her or just give me a call to let me know she would ask tomorrow...I feel that this is being handled completely wrong!!! I told her my son would not be attending school until I get some explanation!

This is what I want. I want her story of what happened, an explatation of why she did not report this, I want all parents informed of her story what she saw and did, and all children talked to!!!

I'm so upset with all of this? Am I handling this wrong, should i demand more? Please give your advice and opinions on what you would do in this situation....

No bashing please Thank you

ETA: I'm also very concerned that he doesn't know the one boys name because my son always stays and plays with his best buddies so it's very strange that he was off with a boy he doesn't know

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Replies (11-20):
jb0520
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:14 PM
That's exactly what I think too!!!

Quoting Charweba:

I'd be just as pissed off as you are!!!! Holy cow! The teacher should have pulled you and the other mothers aside the day it happened! I'm pissed just thinking about the situation and it didn't even happen to me. I hope you get this straightened out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:17 PM
I would be pissed! I don't think that kind of play is either typical or normal! It scares me that others think that kind of play is okay and would let it continue or not tell their kids that it's off limits to play that way!
cowboysgirl3227
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh wow, I would be very concerned.  I do not think you are overreacting but I do think that you need to remain calm when talking to this teacher.  Find out her side of things and then decide your next move.  I think it was very wrong for the teacher to not mention this to you.  This teacher was wrong for not letting the director know.  I hope you get this straightened out soon.  I also don't blame you for keeping your son out of school till you figure this out.  I mean I know that kids are curious and that but it was the way this was all handled that I have the biggest problem with.

Lorraine2674
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this
You and the other moms should have been talked to that day!! There is no excuse why this was to be kept from you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:25 PM
I would be very upset. Not so much at the kids because many kids to get curious and don't know better, but I would be very upset that the teacher didn't say anything! There's no excuse for that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Actually, it IS quite normal. I remember playing Dr once when I was little. I also remember my brother getting naked with his friend outside when they were 5 and thought it was silly. No abuse or molestation at all ever occurred. I also nanny for a psychologist who runs a treatment center specifically FOR children who have been molested, abused or have a troubled life/behavioral issues. She has stacks of books that talk about this type of thing and it is so normal. That doesn't mean it should be allowed, but it is normal and happens with many kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would be pissed! I don't think that kind of play is either typical or normal! It scares me that others think that kind of play is okay and would let it continue or not tell their kids that it's off limits to play that way!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

I don't know...it's a typical thing that children do...I don't see myself being so upset about this. You only know one side of the story at this point, too- a 4 year olds. For all you know there is a reason why she didn't tell you.

THIS.  Kids do this stuff.  They're sneaky.  Just last week my 4 year old was showing her booty to someone at school because it was making the kid laugh.  They told me about it so I could talk to her about not showing her butt to people, but I doubt they told the other kid's mom.  It's not like he'll be scarred for life or anything.

Mrs.Winchester
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:34 PM
2 moms liked this
My daughter has done that, too. Once she went to the restroom, took her pants off as she often does when she goes potty, and then came out without her pants on. LOL. I've explained it all until I'm blue in the face but she's 4- it's her world and we just live in it.

Quoting momtolittleg:

Quoting Mrs.Winchester:

I don't know...it's a typical thing that children do...I don't see myself being so upset about this. You only know one side of the story at this point, too- a 4 year olds. For all you know there is a reason why she didn't tell you.

THIS.  Kids do this stuff.  They're sneaky.  Just last week my 4 year old was showing her booty to someone at school because it was making the kid laugh.  They told me about it so I could talk to her about not showing her butt to people, but I doubt they told the other kid's mom.  It's not like he'll be scarred for life or anything.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Liyoness
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:37 PM

An incident report? Uhh no. That was typical child behaviour. An incident report would have been done if something inappropriate was happening. (ie: Touching genitals, not simply playing doctor and engaging in normal childhood curiosity.)

The parents should have been informed that their children were playing this way, but lady, you are flying off the deep end. It is NOT a big deal and certainly not the school's fault your child wanted to participate in this game. Maybe have a talk with him about keeping his clothes on at school and 'private parts'.

BamaMomto4
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

They may not have told you because your son was not undressed when the teacher found them. And you may never find out how the teacher handled the other kids because of privacy issues.This would be a very good time to have a talk with your son about keeping private parts private. 

Quoting jb0520:

Thats the thing tho, they weren't ever going to tell me.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

I would wait to hear from the teacher before jumping to any conclusions. Im not saying your child,is lying, but you dont have the whole story

Lisa

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN