Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do if your 4 year old told you this about preschool?????????

Posted by   + Show Post

I made a post last week but I would like some more opinions.

My four year old son came home from preschool and told me that him and two other boys go in the back corner where no one else can see them and play Dr. Theres a big rock in the corner they call "the dr bed" He told me one boy got completely naked, the other boy took his shoes, socks, pants, underwear off. That's when the teacher found them! He told me he was patient number 3 so he didn't get to play yet. He said the teacher helped the other boys get dressed! He only knows one of the boys names the other one he never played with before.

Now, this was last Thursday I went to the school first thing Friday morning asking the director why I was not told about this incident since a teacher found them. She had no idea about it, the teacher never told her. I told her I thought it was inappropriate and I believe an incident report should have been written and there is no reason i should be hearing this from my 4 year old!! I know the one mother of the other boy and I told her.The teacher that found them took Friday off so she was not there. She said she would call me first thing Monday morning, by 11:00 I did not receive a call. I called at 11:45 and she said the teacher came in today not feeling well so she sent her home and she would call me tomorrow. I'm pissed she didn't even call to tell me that she didn't get a chance to talk to her or just give me a call to let me know she would ask tomorrow...I feel that this is being handled completely wrong!!! I told her my son would not be attending school until I get some explanation!

This is what I want. I want her story of what happened, an explatation of why she did not report this, I want all parents informed of her story what she saw and did, and all children talked to!!!

I'm so upset with all of this? Am I handling this wrong, should i demand more? Please give your advice and opinions on what you would do in this situation....

No bashing please Thank you

ETA: I'm also very concerned that he doesn't know the one boys name because my son always stays and plays with his best buddies so it's very strange that he was off with a boy he doesn't know

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Replies (41-42):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I would find a new preschool tbh

BamaMomto4
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:17 PM

It doesn't take very long for a kid to get naked. One of my grandkids hated wearing clothes and, at the age of 2, could get completely undressed in the time it took to walk the 6 to 8 feet from their car to their house.

Quoting jb0520:

I completely agree with you! It takes some time to get completely naked too! Thank you for your input!

Quoting TurtleSquish:

As a teacher, I would hyave told you, the other parents and the director. First of all, I'm concerned that one boy may be leading them to do more than just doctor. Second, I'm a mandatory reporter. I would be asking why the teacher could lose track of the 3 boys long enough for them to get naked. Yes, she probably had a lot of kids but there is ratio for a reason. I believe its 10 children to one adult in my state (for that age) 3 missing kids is a lot

Lisa

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN