Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

severe exemza

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dd has had exemza since she was born, but this year its horrible.. usually coconut oil works. Anyone else have any other natural ideas.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Replies (11-14):
MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:11 PM

DD has it as well. I cleared it up and kept if away or bad outbreaks from occurring. I can only use ALL detergent. No fabric softeners or dryer sheets. Orange Dial antibacterial soap or Johnson's soap. The only bubbles we can use are the extra sensitive with elmo on it. Not even the free and clear Mr. Bubble. At the first sign of irritation, lube her up with Johnson's lotion. If it's bad right now, lotion her a few times a today and a good amount the following day and it should subside. Keep lotion on hand and try my other routine. Also, always wash new clothing before letting her wear... DD trys to put things on asap and it will irritate her skin. It works wonders for us.

alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Upper arms, lower legs mostly

Quoting Anonymous:

Where does she get hers dd gets in on the inside of her elbows :(

Quoting alyssaravensmom:

Bump. My daughter gets it too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dani_Lynn
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:13 PM
Cetaphil cleanser and cetaphil moisturizer applied while skin is still damp.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hellobabies
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:22 PM
My son has a pretty severe case of it. I have spent a ton of money on pediatricians, dermatologist, and allergist. We have tried pretty much all of the prescription creams and OTC creams. Finally, by fluke, he had to have his tonsils taken out and his ENT's nurse also does allergy testing. She suggested we take milk out of his diet, apparently, though not allergic to milk, milk can be a huge trigger for kids with excema. Sure enough, we tried it as a last resort, within 2 weeks the redness and cracking completely dried up and after applying a heavy lotion like eucerin, you cannot tell that he ever had an outbreak. You may want to see about cutting milk out of her diet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)