Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SO - mutilation - did you educate youself?

I think rather than pointing fingers and making accusations we should be educating each other in a civil way.  

So I ask, did you circ or not circ your boy, and why?

If you feel it isnt my business and do not wish to share your knowledge move on, dont post anything at all.  

I have 2 boys intact.  Their daddy was and still is upset his mother took something from him for no reason that he cant get back.  She knew it wasnt medically needed amd they are an atheist family.  

My husband then educated me on circ.  

Added: if his mother had left him intact and he had wanted to be circed the procedure for an adult is really no big deal.

Added.  Upset, and angry do not mean hate, resentment, or disrespect.  My husband is a mamas boy.  He loves her very much but her decision upset him.  He felt this way as soon as he learned as a child getting the sex talk.

Added. This is a spin off post of the original post mutilation.  I thought we could share info from both sides in a civil way here. 

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
mich.el.le
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:59 PM
3 moms liked this

I educated myself and both our boys are intact.  However, I can't stand when people refer to it as ''mutilation'' and think if, as a man whose circumcision had no complications, you have such a problem that your mother did something she thought was a good idea for you, you have issues.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:59 PM
My DH and my 2 boys are circumsized...it was cleanliness and healthier is why we did it.
BEXi
by BEXi on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Both of my sons are. I dont think it should be anyones business but the parents, but that's just my opinion. I dont think it's right for me to tell others what they should do with their child in general.

chattycassie
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:59 PM

I am so glad I had three girls did not have to think about it. I would cerc it in a heartbeat it looks better IMO

kzuehlk
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I did educate myself and chose to circ. I'm due with another boy in March and will again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMommy24
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:00 PM

If I had a son they'd both be circumcised. That is all. 

TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:00 PM
We didn't circ. We aren't religious, DF is intact, men in my family are intact, no real benefits of circumcising.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baybeelove88
My dh and ds are intact.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NNB

I didn't circ my boy. I feel it is his and it never crossed my mind. Now looking at how it is done and the advers affects it can have, I am so happy I didnt put him in danger and protected him the best I could.

ReachtotheStars
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Quoting 702girly:

Your husband is mad at his mother over his foreskin?

LMAO

It is a very personal thing she took from him with no reason other than everyone else was doing it.  

When I talkedto her more recently she regreted it, but my husband still wont forgive her.  

He said had she been uneducated like she was with his older brother or religious he could have forgave her, but she took a part of gim in a very painful way for no real reason and knowing there was no need.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured