Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SO - mutilation - did you educate youself?

I think rather than pointing fingers and making accusations we should be educating each other in a civil way.  

So I ask, did you circ or not circ your boy, and why?

If you feel it isnt my business and do not wish to share your knowledge move on, dont post anything at all.  

I have 2 boys intact.  Their daddy was and still is upset his mother took something from him for no reason that he cant get back.  She knew it wasnt medically needed amd they are an atheist family.  

My husband then educated me on circ.  

Added: if his mother had left him intact and he had wanted to be circed the procedure for an adult is really no big deal.

Added.  Upset, and angry do not mean hate, resentment, or disrespect.  My husband is a mamas boy.  He loves her very much but her decision upset him.  He felt this way as soon as he learned as a child getting the sex talk.

Added. This is a spin off post of the original post mutilation.  I thought we could share info from both sides in a civil way here. 

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Replies (21-30):
Mommy980106
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:01 PM
To each their own. That was our reason for it

Quoting Anonymous:

Its called a shower? Not circumcision?

Quoting Mommy980106:

My husband is, my son is. It was an issue of cleanliness for us.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Both my boys are circed and I don't regret it. I educated myself and made the choice to have it done. My husband had his done when he was eight because he had a medical problem. I have read plenty of stories about men that had to get done because they started having issues. They all said it didn't negatively effect them in any way and they had wished their parents had done it when they were babies.
LovelyMommy24
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Quoting 702girly:

Your husband is mad at his mother over his foreskin?

LMAO

I'm thinking he has more issues with his mother than this. 

lizmartinez
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:01 PM
For us it's religious and we will circ any boys we have. DS is circd. This time we're having a girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:01 PM

DS is circed. Given family medical history and research we felt it was the best option for him. He is a teenager now.

1plustwinsmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:02 PM
3 moms liked this
I have no sons. However you should have titled this: post here that you cir'd so I can bash your choice. Good grief.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ReachtotheStars
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Quoting kzuehlk:

I did educate myself and chose to circ. I'm due with another boy in March and will again

What info led you to yOur decision, or was it religious. 

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:02 PM
My son is circumsized. No regrets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charliesmommy11
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:03 PM
My Dh is intact and so is our son. It's an unnecessary procedure in our minds , his family is catholic , plus ds was not in good health for the procedure until January of this year so it was a no brainer for us to leave him be.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:03 PM
My husband and I chose to keep our boys intact. My husband is not circumsized and I love that he isn't. I find penises that are cut are very unattractive to me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)