Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SO - mutilation - did you educate youself?

I think rather than pointing fingers and making accusations we should be educating each other in a civil way.  

So I ask, did you circ or not circ your boy, and why?

If you feel it isnt my business and do not wish to share your knowledge move on, dont post anything at all.  

I have 2 boys intact.  Their daddy was and still is upset his mother took something from him for no reason that he cant get back.  She knew it wasnt medically needed amd they are an atheist family.  

My husband then educated me on circ.  

Added: if his mother had left him intact and he had wanted to be circed the procedure for an adult is really no big deal.

Added.  Upset, and angry do not mean hate, resentment, or disrespect.  My husband is a mamas boy.  He loves her very much but her decision upset him.  He felt this way as soon as he learned as a child getting the sex talk.

Added. This is a spin off post of the original post mutilation.  I thought we could share info from both sides in a civil way here. 

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Replies (31-40):
Luna091306
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:03 PM

I didn't circumcise ds. I had never really thought about it before I was pregnant with a boy. I researched and decided there was no real reason to do it, so I didn't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:04 PM

My sin is cut but when I was 15 I was not educated about it. Now if I have a nother boy I will not have him cut. I really wish that i had  better doctor or a better mother that could have helped me make a better choice for my son. I read that it effects there sex life negativly to be cut...for the man and women. I really wish I hadnt had him cut

smushy79
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:04 PM
I have 3 boys all cir'd. Definitely don't regret it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mkh615
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Yea, DH is happy with his penis too haha. He's aware that it was unnecessary and that he's only feeling like, what? 20% of the sexual pleasure he COULD be feeling or whatever. His mom wasn't going to do it, but then his dad told his mom about this kid that used to get picked on in the locker room when he was a kid. He was just looking out for his kid. Sure, that was the late 70's, but he thought he was doing the right thing. We talked about it a little bit, but since we've got 3 girls it didn't mean much. We probably will do it simply because DH is. Oh well. If he really hates it for us later on, I'll gladly pay for his therapy.

Quoting Dextons_Mommy:

My husband is circ'd and is very happy that his is. He was adamant that our son be circ'd too. He's the one with the penis, and I didn't care either way, so I gave him the say-so. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:04 PM

My husband is happy to be circumcized and so we circumcized our boys. He is Jewish but even if he wasn't we would still do it. Its really not that big of a deal for us.

ReachtotheStars
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Quoting 1plustwinsmommy:

I have no sons. However you should have titled this: post here that you cir'd so I can bash your choice. Good grief.

Why would I do that?  I have a friend who just had a boy and circ him.  I gave her the info and answered any questions but as a parent it is her decision not mine.  I can only support her and hope for the best.

other_mother
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope. I don't have a penis. I don't make the decision.

That's completely up to DH.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this
We did circ and we will circ any future boys. We felt it was best and we are completely satisfied with our choice. My husband is also circ'd and is grateful his mother had it done while he was a baby. We also did our research and still chose to do it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ReachtotheStars
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:05 PM

You can get circ as an adult and you can get better pain meds.  

ratchetlee
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Both my husband and son are circ'd!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN