Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SO - mutilation - did you educate youself?

I think rather than pointing fingers and making accusations we should be educating each other in a civil way.  

So I ask, did you circ or not circ your boy, and why?

If you feel it isnt my business and do not wish to share your knowledge move on, dont post anything at all.  

I have 2 boys intact.  Their daddy was and still is upset his mother took something from him for no reason that he cant get back.  She knew it wasnt medically needed amd they are an atheist family.  

My husband then educated me on circ.  

Added: if his mother had left him intact and he had wanted to be circed the procedure for an adult is really no big deal.

Added.  Upset, and angry do not mean hate, resentment, or disrespect.  My husband is a mamas boy.  He loves her very much but her decision upset him.  He felt this way as soon as he learned as a child getting the sex talk.

Added. This is a spin off post of the original post mutilation.  I thought we could share info from both sides in a civil way here. 

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Replies (41-50):
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:07 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree. There is conflicting information but to me the possible benefits outweighed the possible side affects. It's sad that people believe those who chose to circ are not educated on the matter. It's not a decision I took lightly

Quoting kzuehlk:

I did educate myself and chose to circ. I'm due with another boy in March and will again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XJetX
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:08 PM
If I have a son I will not circ. it is either done for cosmetic or religious reasons. It's not 'cleaner' or 'healthier'.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I did it with my twin boys, no regrets. If this baby is a boy it will be cut too. It is nothing religious for us but if I was a boy I would want to be cut and I let the boys dad (my ex) decided and he wanted it and for this baby I let my SO choose and he wouldn't have it any other way. 

I do not know why people can no longer let others make their OWN choices.

babylove041810
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:10 PM
What do you mean you were informed??

Quoting ToriBabe1221:

With my first, i was not informed. He is cut.

With my second, i was informed - he is intact.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Hahahaha...dude get OVER it. It still works I assume.

Quoting 702girly:

Your husband is mad at his mother over his foreskin?

LMAO

Alliemad_3
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:11 PM
What exactly do you gain by having this information about little boys' penises?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SunshneDaydream
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Nope.  I couldn't imagine cutting off a part of my baby's body for no good reason.  I educated myself AND my husband.  He wanted to circ at first just because he was and didn't really know the facts.  I showed him the facts and had my midwife talk to him and back me up, and he 100% agreed with my choice.  My son is 4 and he has never once asked why Daddy's "peep" looks different.  But we'll be prepared with an answer if he does.

Armymom134
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:12 PM

My son had to have a hypospadias repair done at 7 months old, and the doctor had to use his foreskin, which was not completely developed to help with the repair. It looks like he was circ'd but he infact was not.

Love060708kids
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Circumsized.  

My husbands side of the family is all circ'ed so we chose to do the same.

SunshneDaydream
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:13 PM

An interesting debate in which someone might gain some knowledge they didn't otherwise have.  It's one of the purposes of this site is it not?

Quoting Alliemad_3:

What exactly do you gain by having this information about little boys' penises?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)