Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you jump the second your SO or DH asks you to do something?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I don't. I'm not a robot. If I am busy he has to wait. It pisses him off but I don't care. I won't be ordered around like a dog. Plus he never ask he tell me to do stuff. I'm not his bitch. Maybe one day it will sink in.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Replies (31-40):
RobinBright
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:22 PM
If he needs something immediately ("babe can you grab this piece of sheetrock before I drop it!") then of course I get to it right away. Otherwise, he is a cooperative partner and he either does things for himself or asks me "when you get a chance...."
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Depends on what I'm doing, but not usually.

I do, however, expect HIM to be at MY beck and call. =)  He's horrible about realizing when I need something RIGHT. NOW.  I'll be cooking and say, "Hey, can you please grab me the colander from the top shelf?" and I need it NOW.  He always takes his sweet time and I end up getting it myself (after stopping whatever I was in the middle of) and he'll be like, "I was GOING to get it!"  When, next Tuesday?!  Come ON, man!  lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I wait on my husband hand and foot and do so proudly. He's the man and deserves it....but, I'm not stupid, he does respect me and treats me like a queen as well. 

702girly
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:23 PM

It depends on what it is.

If he's hanging off the roof and screaming at me to pick up the ladder, I'll move pretty damn fast.

MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:23 PM

He doesn't really ask me to do anything -lol- I'm blessed. He wants to do EVERYTHING for me. I have to fuss him sometimes to simmer down :P

kjfamily
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:24 PM
I tell him what to do more .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Yes, but I am a "dooer". I have always done what I was asked to do immediately, even as a child. Like if dh says "I would like a cup of coffee" five minutes later he has a cup of coffee In His hand lol. He has actually had to learn to filter what he says because he may not exactly want it exactly then lol like a cup of coffee at ten p.m. hehehehe, oops;)
wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Nope, if I'm in the middle something I'll tell him to hold on.
Mashnut3161

If he asks, then yes, if Im not in the middle of doing something. If he tries to tell me to do something then No. But to me that is just how relationships and mutual respect works.

momnwife41458

It sure is :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Isn't that special!

Quoting momnwife41458:

I do, but I'm a housewife, soooo that's kinda what I do. And he always asks me, never tells me... I'm happy to do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN