Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you jump the second your SO or DH asks you to do something?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I don't. I'm not a robot. If I am busy he has to wait. It pisses him off but I don't care. I won't be ordered around like a dog. Plus he never ask he tell me to do stuff. I'm not his bitch. Maybe one day it will sink in.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Replies (41-50):
Sassy01
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:25 PM

depends, if I'm busy at that precise moment then he can wait until I am done.

also he always asks, never orders me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Yes. If it's something important I will do it but if it can wait I will do it when I'm ready to.

Quoting mamivon2:

yes and no

yes when he carries something heavy in his hands and needs me to open the door for him, or something hot comes out the oven and table needs to be cleared, or he is in the shower and forgot his towel or needs a new soap..

no  if he tells me I need to vaccum or dust or whatever... does that make sense

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Depends on what it is.

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I jump if he asks me for his inhaler or one of his medications, but that is a necessity. Otherwise no. He asks me and when I finish doing whatever I am doing then I do whatever he asked. He does the same for me.

Kelseyciarah
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:26 PM

HELL NO.

Once he starts to spring up when I tell him to do something, THEN I wil consider the same treatment for him :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I have never wiped his ass. I am not a doormat either, like I said when my husband asks me for me to do something 90% of the time it's important.

Quoting Anonymous:

No I suppose wiping his ass can't wait. Respectful wife and doormat are TOTALLY different things, stop confusing the two.

Quoting Anonymous:

I drop what I am doing if my husband asks for something. It's called respect. Folding laundry can wait, washing dishes can wait, and ect., many times what my husband needs can't wait.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't. I'm not a robot. If I am busy he has to wait. It pisses him off but I don't care. I won't be ordered around like a dog. Plus he never ask he tell me to do stuff. I'm not his bitch. Maybe one day it will sink in.

ShanesMommy2012
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:26 PM
This. And yes, I do things when he asks me to.

Quoting Snapdragon88:

He doesn't tell me to do anything. He asks nicely.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Charweba
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:27 PM

If he asks me to do something and I'm busy I'll tell him to hold on so I can finish whatever it is I'm doing then I will get what it is he wants. If I am not busy though and he asks for something sure I'll get it for him.

ashleighmama
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:28 PM
I feel the same way you do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:28 PM
My husband never talks to me like that. However, he jumps when I tell him :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)