Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Lately I do not enjoy being with my kids!

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:16 PM
  • 5 Replies

I feel like a bad mom but I do not like being around my kids they are so demanding and I just wish I could tap out and even when my mother in law takes the kids for an hour or two it is still not enough!!!! I use to not feel this way.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:17 PM
How old are they?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:18 PM
I feel like that often...mine are 2 and 4...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:20 PM

today I feel like that. no matter what I am doing today. he is getting upset. whether I put him on the floor in his exersaucer, whether he is in his crib. or even if I hold him or play with him.... he wont nap to-boot 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:22 PM
I'm having that kind of moment wondering why i ever thought being a mom was such a genius idea. It will pass in time but right now i feel horrid and it hurts.
Kellyjude1
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM

If you feel a longer break away is needed then ask your mother in law if she could take the kids a little longer.  Do you have any other help like a friend, or maybe another family member who may take the kids for a couple of hours?  Please don't feel like a bad mom, clearly you don't want to feel this way.  Just wondering if you have had any added stress that you may be dealing with that would make you feel this way now.  Sometimes a little break away  can help.  You have to find a way to get that feeling back where you can and do enjoy being with your children.  Try planning or scheduling routines everyday which may help.  If the weather is okay not sure of the ages of your children but a walk outside or playtime outside to help them run off their energy may help.  Keeping them active and occupied may help with them being so demanding.  Try crafts ,coloring, painting, different activities to help them focus.  If they still take naps and are on a schedule then should be your time to relax or do something for yourself.  I hope things get better. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)