Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help me not kill my mother.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
Ok, let me start by saying I love my mom an I am very appreciative of everything her and my grandmother have done for me....
This is the situation: my husband and I recently put a bid in on a house. our rent was due and we'll find out about the house in like a week. Instead of paying for a whole month of rent we won't use my mom said we can stay with her and my grandma.
I knew it wasn't a good idea and how right I was. My mom has never been "nice" to me, she calls me stupid, bad mom, she bad mouths my dh every chance she gets. I try to keep my head down and respect her, she is letting me stay in her house after all.
Well today, I made my daughter a nice healthy lunch, I was in the kitchen getting ready to make her dinner. My mom came home and instantly gave my 20 month old to packs of gushers and a bag of potato chips. She then told me how I starve my daughter because of how quickly she ate the junk.
I tried to explain to her that she ate it quickly because A: she doesn't get that kind of stuff from me and B: it's dinner time.
Well that wasn't good enough, I'm a shitty mom and I starve my child.... *sigh*

After the dinner thing was done and over with she told me that because I can't live by her rules that I have to pay for gas($800) I don't think I should have too, we've been here two days... We'll be here two weeks max, not enough to use up all of her gas... It would have been cheaper to stay at the apartment.
I offered to pay the electric bill and go grocery shipping for her but that's not good enough.

Help me find something that will please us both?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Bump
1likeme
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Go stay at a hotel. It won't cost you 800 for two weeks and cut your mother out of your life. You do not have to compromise with her. She is an abusive person and nobody deserves to be treated like that let alone by your mother.
ffpm10
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:26 PM
You guys getting a hotel room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Sorry but I don't think you can please her. Sounds like she's taking advantage of your situation to milk you for money. Is there anyway you can go back to your apartment or stay with another family member until your house is ready?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Really? You think she sounds that bad? I always knew she was a little off but I never thought she was considered abusive.

Quoting 1likeme:

Go stay at a hotel. It won't cost you 800 for two weeks and cut your mother out of your life. You do not have to compromise with her. She is an abusive person and nobody deserves to be treated like that let alone by your mother.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:28 PM
We might be able to stay with my inlaws, the live a bit further from dhs work. My mom would have a melt down though =\ I bout to tell her to shove it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry but I don't think you can please her. Sounds like she's taking advantage of your situation to milk you for money. Is there anyway you can go back to your apartment or stay with another family member until your house is ready?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:28 PM
That's actually not a bad idea.

Quoting ffpm10:

You guys getting a hotel room.

cara124
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Sounds like a hotel is you best option
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
grace1973
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:29 PM

I feel for you, I really do.  My mom is a special kind of crazy and pulls a lot of the same stuff.  The reality is that I already know that any attempt at staying with her for a brief period of time is going to end badly, so I'd rather pay extra and avoid it at all costs. 

The reality is there is NOTHING that is going to please her as the word 'compromise' is likely not part of her diction.  You may as well just pay her the $800.  Perhaps you can work it out to pay her when you are ready to leave, that way hopefully she won't place another financial demand on you a week or so down the road. 

Good luck on the bid to your house.  I REALLY hope you get it, and quickly.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Yes I think thats abuse.

My bio mom is the same way, I had to cut her off entirely.

Go stay somewhere else, tell her you arent dealing with her abuse.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? You think she sounds that bad? I always knew she was a little off but I never thought she was considered abusive.

Quoting 1likeme:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN