Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Effects of Bullying.

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:26 PM
  • 37 Replies

Poll

Question: Were you bullied? Beginning When? Have you ever felt suicide was the only option? Have you ever tried to commite suicide?

Options:

Yes, Grade School, Yes, No

Yes, Grade School, Yes, Yes

Yes, Grade School, No.

Yes, Junior High, Yes, No

Yes, Junior High, Yes, Yes

Yes, Junior High, No.

Yes, High School, Yes, Yes

Yes, High School, Yes, No

Yes, High School, No.

Yes, College, Yes, Yes

Yes, College, Yes, No

Yes, College, No

No I was never bullied.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 68

View Results

Looking for some help with my term assignment for my communications class. I have chosen 'The Effects of Bullying',  I have decided to create a poll to help me gather some statistics and was hoping for help from everyone. If the last questions you do not feel comfortable answering you do not have to. Thank you everyone :)!

Also anyone who knows of any stories made public ( so I can cite ) such as Amanda Todd etc.. please comment so I can use them as examples. Thank You!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:30 PM

BUMP

Aisforawesome
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:32 PM

I was bullied a lot in middle school and some in high school but I have never felt nor attempted suicide.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I was bullied from the 3rd grade until I graduated high school. I thought about suicide and tried twice while in high school.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Yes I was bullied and yes I considered suicide, but for reasons completely unrelated to bullying.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

never bullied.. here's a bump :)

ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Thanks for sharing i know its not the top favorite this for people to discuss.

Quoting wkukid:

I was bullied from the 3rd grade until I graduated high school. I thought about suicide and tried twice while in high school.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:42 PM
I was bullied from 1st grade on by the same girl. It was relentless. It didn't matter if I fought back. She would back off for a while then go right back. Come to find out she had tumors on her brain that affected her behavior. She's a completely different person. We are actually very good friends now and she apologized for how she treated me.
Love060708kids
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I was bullied in grade school and high school.  Never thought about suicide.  I knew the four years of hell (high school) would be over and I could go on to bigger and better things.

But this was before all your shit is posted all over the internet.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:45 PM

My son is actually dealing with being bullied right now. he is in 5th grade. he doesn't says he has never thought about suicide. I hope he is being honest about it. He has dealt with kids hanging him from monkey bars and pinching his nuts and picking him up and throwing him like a ball. He is only a little over 4 foot and only weighs like 50 lbs. every one else in his class is much bigger then him. plus he is not athletic , and they are.

ninjakids
by Christina on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Bump whoring!! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN