Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughter had a total of 15 seizures today. 6 of them occurred after she was given her emergency medication.

Her nurse called me while she was at school, and I told her to give her the medication. I picked them up early, and called her neurologist immediately. He increased the dose of her regular medication.

Thankfully, she's been seizure free for a few hours. If she would have continued, we would have been making a trip to the hospital.

I have to say I'm so thankful for her nurse. Before she had her, situations like this ended in an ambulance ride for dd, and several hours of her being miserable in the hospital.

The poor kid is so worn out. I'll definitely be sleeping right next to her tonight. By sleeping, I mean watching her while she sleeps. Right now, she's sleeping a few feet away from me. *sigh*

It just makes me feel so helpless when things like this happen. I just want to make it all better for her.

"What is a man, if chief good, and market of his time be but to sleep and feed? A beast, no more."  Hamlet

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Replies (11-13):
Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:15 PM

i could not imagine :( i hope the new dosage works 

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I'm so sorry for her and for you... how miserable she must be.   I didn't realize how much siezures do to a young body until I had a friend at church who's little girl had them.   Poor kid could be off kelter a whole week or more if she had just one or two siezures.

Again, so sorry.   Will be adding your LO to my prayers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Hugs!! Seizures are so scary. I always feel so helpless and useless and weak. I am so sorry!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)