Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anyone here baking for the holidays...

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:09 PM
  • 16 Replies

what do you bake?

My family and I are making mincemeat pies from scratch, along with different kinds of cookies and apple cobblers.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StrangeDays
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Maybe, but probably not. Definitely not for Thanksgiving, but maybe Christmas. We are moving next week, and there's too much to do.

I usually make pot pie or pierogies with soup and assorted veggie sides, biscuits/bread, and a dessert. Pumpkin muffins, apple pie crumb cake muffins, some kind of cookie (or three or four kinds, lol), and I'm thinking of trying pie this year/soon. Lol, can you tell I like to make treats? ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myhandsomelove
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:16 PM
The usual pecan and pumpkin, well creamy pumpkin and that doesn't require baking. I'm also making cheesecake cookies and cutout sugar cookies for the kiddos.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I started today making banana muffins for teachers. ere will be pies, and cookies, and bread... I love baking.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Cookies, cakes and candies.

jessistarr85
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Maybe for Christmas I have been on pintrist finding recipes just in case I do decide to bake this year. 

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I baked for the last two day. I made fresh (right from the pumpkin) pumpkin bread, apple/cinnamon bread, Philadelphia cheesecake, and 4 dozen brownie cookies. Tomorrow is pumpkin pies (from the pumpkin) and lemon bars. I made 4 loaves of each. I'm going to make homemade caramels and peanut butter fudge too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRi
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Doing a baby shower:

Making a tri layer triple fudge with cheesecake layers caramel/pecan cake with caramel/chocolate and pralines topping

Cooking for family:

Pumpkin ice cream cakes (Almond butter and spice cakes with hollow parts filled with homemade pumpkin ice cream topped with pumpkin spice caramel and almonds)

Pecan pies

Vanilla blueberry and walnut cake with blueberry drizzle

Turtle cheesecakes

For some friends:

Butter fudge cupcakes with walnut and almond cream

Pumpkin pies

Carmel custard apple pies

Chelly4.588.8
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Pumpkin Pie in an Oreo crust, not sure how that's going to taste but DH asked for it lol...also going to try making mini chicken pot pies

MrsRi
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Oh and a shit ton of different types of cookies and homemade doughnuts/fritters 

Sparkyfire
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:23 PM
I make candies. Peanut butter fudge and such
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN