Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do with your kids when you give birth?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:12 PM
  • 120 Replies
I am lucky enough to have my wonderful in-laws that live 30 minutes from us. They always come pick up the kids for us when I go into labor. They take them to their house the 2-3 days that I'm in the hospital. My DH and I really appreciate and enjoy the time together in the hospital with the new baby. My DH goes back and forth between the house, hospital, and visiting the kids. The only down side to this is that my school aged kids miss school for those days. My in-laws refuse to take get them to and from school. I don't really care since I always send a note ahead of time to explain their absences.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:15 PM
My friend watched them for a few hours until after I had the baby. Then DH went home. He would come up during the day with the kids to visit me, then take the kids home at night and stay with them. I stayed at the hospital at night alone.

We have no family.
Momof5kids84
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:17 PM
I'm sorry. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

My friend watched them for a few hours until after I had the baby. Then DH went home. He would come up during the day with the kids to visit me, then take the kids home at night and stay with them. I stayed at the hospital at night alone.

We have no family.
JadsW
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:18 PM
My inlaws live in the same town. Our oldest stayed with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I am flying my MIL out. Otherwise we would be screwed.

sfkdny
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:19 PM

when I had my DS, my dd was 2 1/2 - DS was born on a wednesday - we had out IL's sleep over that tuesday night and spend the day with dd - DS was born at 12:46 pm so dd came up to meet him and hang out with me around 5pm that night.  the IL's then slept over again on wednesday since DH was sleeping up at the hospital with me

beaugrl0824
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:19 PM
DD was in the waiting room with my parents. She stayed with them and visited when they did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:20 PM
We had a friend stay the night before I was being induced at 5 am and she brought dd up to the hospital my mil and her mom watched dd in the waiting room while I was delivering ds and then my mom kept her till we got home. Mom lives 7 min from us and mil lives 15
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:20 PM

They stayed with my husbands goddaughters mothers house while I was giving birth, after that my husband took them to see me and then took them home, the following days they had school and he had work, he got out before them and came to see me, then went to get the kids and brought them over, then they all went home and the next day the baby and I went home.

jessecutez
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:21 PM
My family won't babysit over night except my son! So im alone, but my mom took them a few hrs during my section so hubby can be there
Pnukey
by Jenn on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Well, it was just the one time, since we have only 2 kids, but dd stayed with MIL while ds was born. She had not yet started school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured